Gogol Bordello

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Gogol Bordello is sticking it to the state of Arizona by boycotting the entire state over SB 1070.

For those of you who don't know what the SB 1070 is it the strictest and broadest anti-illegal immigration campaign in (I believe) history.

(From Wiki)

"The act makes it a state misdemeanor crime for an alien to be in Arizona without carrying registration documents required by federal law, authorizes state and local law enforcement of federal immigration laws, and cracks down on those sheltering, hiring and transporting illegal aliens. The paragraph on intent in the legislation says it embodies an "attrition through enforcement" doctrine."

This has sparked considerable controversy across the United States and even internationally.

Gogol Bordello band leader Eugene Hütz said this on the subject:

"Immigration naturally enriches culture and human resource of any country. Just like new genes bring gusto into any genetic pool. It is a complicated sensitive subject to consider with care and love, since it involves changes of entire destinies all at once. If a country's founding values include welcome to newcomers, there must be a commitment to pursue this ethic. If newcomer is officially welcomed, he shall be able to keep feeling welcomed once he is there, right? Not intimidated, threatened and humiliated. As a band of immigrants we have received both honors and welcomes that reinsure the positive aspects of immigration. And we ve been grateful about it to ny ever since. Especially when seeing other countries not doing their best. With my own experience i must say u.s. Actually stands out as a better one amongst others. However we can not look the other way when double standard and face control is taken place. Please learn about the situation and take action to preserve progressive thought."

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Gogol Bordello's music video for "Immigraniada (We Comin' Rougher)" was just released. After watching this video I think I can firmly say that after all of their tries in the past Gogol Bordello has finally produced not a good music video or a just alright music video but a great one.

Terra812

Reaction score
An Immigrant Punk living the American dream ... blue suede shoes and all... Love It! :grinthumb

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Gogol Bordello is a great live group, whether on massive festivals stages with all of the organized chaos of the full band or in little unplugged sessions like that.

Here's another great unplugged performance from them.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
228372_10150184038818711_7639178710_6785466_2008606_n.jpghttp:

Time for a nice long gypsy jam session me thinks. :D

Harkat

Reaction score
I saw these guys at a music store in Adelaide on Tuesday and I was sorely tempted to buy the album!!!
I hope that sometime soon I can pop back there and buy it! :D

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I think you really should, especially if they have "Super Taranta!" there. That album blew up every expectation I had for music when I first listened to it back when it came out. :grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online