Gogol Bordello

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Wow! You do have quite a collection of pictures. The picture I like is the guy on the drum while the audience holds it and him in the air...awesome!

hutz_big.jpg

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
The band really love that picture too. They went as far as to use it for the cover of their last live album. :grinthumb

ldg712.jpg

One thing I think that is really cool is this...

gogol_bordello_23_07_0660.jpg

The audience is doing the same thing they did with the drum only they are holding Eugene's feet as he walks around, which pretty much turns him into a concert Jesus that can walk on audiences. haha

Last edited:

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
I agree very interesting band live. I've just not been able to get them on their albums.

here is a shot I took back in 2006
328711422_6c256104ef.jpg

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I've heard all the critics go nuts over these guys but I've never listened until now! Craaaaaaaazzzzy but fun enough to listen to in small doses! Now any My Chemical Romance haters will get butthurt over this but Start Wearing Purple reminded me somewhat of a song that was on The Black Parade which I like so it's no insult from me. :D

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I've heard all the critics go nuts over these guys but I've never listened until now! Craaaaaaaazzzzy but fun enough to listen to in small doses!

Yeah, they are actually one of the most critically acclaimed bands of the last ten years for their blending of styles, originality, content, and perhaps most of all their live shows.

Now any My Chemical Romance haters will get butthurt over this but Start Wearing Purple reminded me somewhat of a song that was on The Black Parade which I like so it's no insult from me. :D

:wtf:

Um....

That is a comparison I never expected to hear....I actually kinda liked My Chemical Romance for a while, but then their fans made me hate them. It's not really the band's fault but I just don't have a desire to listen to them anymore because of the association with the the creepy, obsessive fangirls that love them. If I hadn't been in high school at the peak of their popularity then that probably wouldn't have happened.
Anyway, what song are you talking about?

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Yeah, they are actually one of the most critically acclaimed bands of the last ten years for their blending of styles, originality, content, and perhaps most of all their live shows.

:wtf:

Um....

That is a comparison I never expected to hear....I actually kinda liked My Chemical Romance for a while, but then their fans made me hate them. It's not really the band's fault but I just don't have a desire to listen to them anymore because of the association with the the creepy, obsessive fangirls that love them. If I hadn't been in high school at the peak of their popularity then that probably wouldn't have happened.
Anyway, what song are you talking about?

:lmao:

In an abstract way the song made me think of them with their Mama song. I won't defend it or post the vid because I don't want to hijack the thread but that's honestly what popped in my head. You'll have to youtube to see if I'm crazy! By the way, I hate MCRs fans IF I have to deal with them but regardless I can separate the two and the second time I saw them live I'd never seen a band improve so much and they put on an awesome show! :D

That being said Cosmic, thanks for introducing me to Gogol and sorry to hijack the band thread with my randomness! :grinthumb

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
:lmao:

In an abstract way the song made me think of them with their Mama song. I won't defend it or post the vid because I don't want to hijack the thread but that's honestly what popped in my head. You'll have to youtube to see if I'm crazy! By the way, I hate MCRs fans IF I have to deal with them but regardless I can separate the two and the second time I saw them live I'd never seen a band improve so much and they put on an awesome show! :D

That being said Cosmic, thanks for introducing me to Gogol and sorry to hijack the band thread with my randomness! :grinthumb

Hmm.....I know "Mama" and I can see the connection. Though I think it's more based on carnival music than gypsy music. The connection is (I hope) purely coincidence though. "The Black Parade" and "Gypsy Punks: Underdog World Strike" were release around the same time (that album being Gogol's first exposure to the public), but "Start Wearing Purple" was written back in the 90's and actually first appeared on their debut album, but was reworked for that album. If we're going to talk about similarites though I've always thought "Mama" sounded an awful lot like Pink Floyd's "The Trial" off "The Wall".

Nah it's cool Sooty. Just glad you enjoyed them. :grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online