Gogol Bordello

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
....I suppose it's here. One of my favorite bands is the gypsy punk rock band Gogol Bordello and I was curious if anyone else listened to them?

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Re: If gypsy punk rock belongs anywhere.....

I dont know any gypsy folk/punk music, so this would be a first for me......

clue me in :D

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Gladly. Gogol Bordello is captained by mastermind Eugene Hütz and they are one of the most colorful and unique bands I've ever come across. It's members span three generations (ages 26-57 last time I checked), multiple races, and for the most part each of them are immigrants from a different eastern European country. They trade the fast power chords of normal punk for accordion, fiddle, and flamenco inspired guitar.

Here are some examples of their work:

Last edited by a moderator:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Love the name, and the genre description they sound right up my alley.:D

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I'm not sure what "Gogol" means but I know a "bordello" is another name for a brothel. :heheh:

I think they are a band that is right up everyone's alley if people give them a listen. I think they're just a fun, foot stomping, hand clapping, band.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I watched the 3 videos, and this is definitely different music. I would have to hear a complete album, to truly evaluate them. Gypsy is a good word for this music :)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Well if you want to hear an album by them then I suggest their latest "Super Taranta!" as I think it's their best and is a top 5 album for me. The album that preceded it "Gypsy Punk: Underdog World Strike" is also very very good.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Quite welcome Priest.

If anyone ever gets the chance to see them live you really should. They are an a-MAZING live band.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Thought I'd post a slew of pics that I've gathered over time of this band. I really love pictures of their live shows because they are just THAT good. Most of the shots focus on Eugene but I tried to put a fair number of the other band members in there too.

xgb.jpg

sasquatch_09_gogol_bordello_pkp_001.jpg

hutz_big.jpg

gogolterminal5.jpg

gogolmetro.jpg

gogolirving.jpg

gogolbordello_leedsfestival.jpg

gogolbordello_carlingweekend.jpg

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members