Goatwhore (Official Thread)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Re: Goatwhore

Goatwhore.......what an interesting band name. Awesome thrashing!

educate me a bit, what does it mean to have the label "blackened" added to a genre? Is it the growling vocals?

b.o.b.

Reaction score
Re: Goatwhore

educate me a bit, what does it mean to have the label "blackened" added to a genre? Is it the growling vocals?

Yes, the growling black metal vocals are part of this mix of genres: thrash and black metal. But there are also some rough black metal riffs in their music. And last but not least the black metal name :D. It is a little bit funny because the origins of black metal are in thrash metal.

I personally like this black/thrash (sometimes black/death) genre and I enjoy bands like Bewitched, Aura Noir, Necrophobic, Destroyer 666 and now... Goatwhore :grinthumb thanks to ComfortablyNumb.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Pretty much the vocals yep if not some riffs that are Black Metal oriented. Blackened I wish would stop being said as though its a sub genre though because its not. Its just a blend of a couple of elements from Black Metal into Death Metal.

Anyway I updated thread and discography. I saw these guys live with Psycroptic a couple of years back and they were killer.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score

Both cool bands :grinthumb

Pretty much the vocals yep if not some riffs that are Black Metal oriented. Blackened I wish would stop being said as though its a sub genre though because its not. Its just a blend of a couple of elements from Black Metal into Death Metal.

Anyway I updated thread and discography. I saw these guys live with Psycroptic a couple of years back and they were killer.

eek! like the name cool...now the until listening to the vid`s here never heard before.. @Vader, @Riff Raff and @Magic thank yous :oyea:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online