Glenn Hughes (Official Thread)

Rock Candy

Rock 'n' Roll Doctor
Reaction score
With Glenn Hughes as the "Voice of Rock" I'm quite surprised there isn't much more interest in this thread, or rather, more posts. Wondering now who gave him this moniker, though I have to say he lives up to it :D

It was the KLF who first referred to him as "The Voice of Rock" back in the early 90s after he guested on one of their crossover singles; then as DKW said, his rabid cult fanbase and appreciation from other musicians ensured that it lived on.

I vaguely remember reading an interview with Hughes a while ago where he claims that he almost landed the gig in Van Halen to replace David Lee Roth, but fell at the last hurdle due to his serious coke addiction. Given the strong AOR direction of 5150, Hughes' vocals and songwriting might well've given them that extra push to put out a release on the level of Hughes/Thrall's debut!

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
Great track from the forthcoming Glenn Hughes solo album Resonate.

GH-Heavy

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Great track from the forthcoming Glenn Hughes solo album Resonate.

GH-Heavy

Heard it the other day. Superb track. Anything Glenn touches turns to gold it seems. No wonder with that voice still intact! I'm very excited about the new album. The only thing negative I can say, is that the artwork is dreadful. :oyea:

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 2

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Staff online