Glenn Hughes (Official Thread)

LyricalLaurel

EΔЯ ЯESPOИSIBŁE, too!
Reaction score
^^^ Nice. His voice is like... smooth whiskey? That first ballad - powerful. And he feels it.

Check that - all three are powerful. I wonder...was he singing to someone important in his life? Makes you wonder... he is so passionate.

I was just listening to some GH myself...nothing like those ballads but when I heard it I wanted to post it here.

Still listening to Glenn on YT --- another ballad (well, I'm not sure if it is a ballad or not...) -- just WOW!!! IDK if this song was cut-off or what...sounds like it ended rather abruptly. Perhaps just the YT uploader...

Dynamite vocalist. His range is incredible.

Last edited:

Rock Candy

Rock 'n' Roll Doctor
Reaction score
Still listening to Glenn on YT --- another ballad (well, I'm not sure if it is a ballad or not...) -- just WOW!!! IDK if this song was cut-off or what...sounds like it ended rather abruptly. Perhaps just the YT uploader...

It's only a quick "intermission" song per se, which leads up to Trapeze's "Coast to Coast". No idea if it's improvised or not, I don't think it was ever recorded in a studio setting.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Re: Glenn Hughes

I`m a fan of Glenn Hughes and Trapeze...The only Trapeze I still have is "You are The Music...We`re Just The Band". I had it on 8 track for the car and LP for the house....now I just have the CD.
I've got that album on vinyl! Not as heavy as Medusa, but still a good piece of funky rock. :grinthumb

LyricalLaurel

EΔЯ ЯESPOИSIBŁE, too!
Reaction score
With Glenn Hughes as the "Voice of Rock" I'm quite surprised there isn't much more interest in this thread, or rather, more posts. Wondering now who gave him this moniker, though I have to say he lives up to it :D

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Glenn is very highly regarded by hard rock and heavy metal aficionados he is also all but worshiped by his fellow musicians. Ronnie James Dio once said if he could sing like anyone else it would be Glenn Hughes. These are the people who have bestowed upon him his moniker of "Voice of Rock". Your average rock fan is however not aware of Glenn, or at least he is definitely more of an underground unsung hero then a household name.

Glenn and Tony tearing it up. Off the album FUSED, Wasted Again

Last edited:

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Opening track on one of my favorite DVDs: GLENN HUGHES ~ Soulfully Live in the City of Angels

A friend bought me a ticket to see Glenn about three years ago at a small
club. I was unfortunately unable to go due to needing knee surgery at the time.
I'm going to throw this DVD on right now.

LyricalLaurel

EΔЯ ЯESPOИSIBŁE, too!
Reaction score
Thanks for that explanation, DKW! Since I was never a hard rock or heavy metal fan in my younger years (save for a few songs here and there) and certainly not an aficionado, even now, I appreciate the heads up. I think it says a lot that his fellow musicians feel this way about him. :D

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online

Members online