1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Glenn Hughes (Official Thread)

Discussion in '90's Music' started by Mr. T, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Phil B.

Phil B. Far Out Man!

Re: Glenn Hughes

Big fan of his work with Trapeze, this newer stuff I am not so acquanited with. Thanks for posting some clips to check out. :grinthumb

2. Mr. T

Mr. T Banned

That surprises me Nolo. He has seriously rockin' tracks among all these albums along with a lot of great ballads.

Glad you like! :D

Well I guess everyone is entitled to a bad night once in a while. You should dig into his catalog a bit LG... think you'd like most of it. :grinthumb

NP Phil. More clips on the way! :D

3. Mr. Flee

Mr. Flee Member

big fan of glenn here !
    followed him since dp's burn...amazing singer/performer...saw him about 7 times through the years..have most of the things he lent his voice to:pat travers/gary moore/tony iommi/john norum/niacin(check out "things ain't like they use to be")/voodoo hill/quiet riot(insane cover of evil woman)/george lynch/billie liesegang/brazen abbot/stuart smith...
    eighties highlights for me are the massive hughes/thrall and the first phenomena!!together with the run for cover album of gary moore and seventh star
    from his solo records my absolute fave is songs in the key of rock,from now on,blues and soulmover...and i really enjoyed his collaboration with jl turner,especially the first cd.
    i would like to see black country communion live in the near future and curiously what his next solo record is gonna sound like
    thanks for the tread tunez :grinthumb

4. Mr. T

Mr. T Banned

Glad to see another fan Mr. Flee :grinthumb

A few more tracks I love...

The Way It Is

The Only One

Can't Stop The Flood

5. LyricalLaurel

LyricalLaurel EΔЯ ЯESPOИSIBŁE, too!

I'm a fan, though I had no idea he did all that earlier work. I was introduced to Hughes with a song from your first post, Tunez - "Does it Mean that Much to You". So damn smooooth. He's passionate in that song...and I like passion in an artist, any kind of artist. Hughes is certainly one.

I'm going to purposefully go back and listen to some of his stuff pre-drug phase. I don't think I ever knew his history but as the "Voice of Rock", I think it is a worthwhile venture for me.

Was it Jeff Scott Soto that has been compared to, and referred to as the "Voice of Rock"? Whoever it was, I gave the other artist kudos over Hughes - and while I don't know that I will reconsider, I have to give Hughes props! :tup:

6. Garrett

Garrett ✯ Blues Man ✯

I`m a fan of Glenn Hughes and Trapeze...The only Trapeze I still have is "You are The Music...We`re Just The Band". I had it on 8 track for the car and LP for the house....now I just have the CD.

I was always impressed with the love Glenn had and still has for his friend Tommy Bolin. I know they worked together in Deep Purple but I would have loved to have seen them to do a album together....For grins, put on Tommy`s "Teaser" and listen to the last verse of "Dreamer".

7. Mr. T

Mr. T Banned

While I love JSS also, there is only one "Voice of Rock" and that would be Glenn. Hope you do in fact go back and discover his earlier work... there is much to love! :grinthumb

I suggest looking into the Medusa album also Garrett. Very good album. And yeh... those lyrics from "Dreamer" are very fitting.

8. Mr. T

Mr. T Banned

Here's few monster tracks from the Hughes/Thrall album.

Muscle And Blood

Beg Borrow Or Steal

First Step Of Love

I Got Your Number

The Look In Your Eyes

9. Phil B.

Phil B. Far Out Man!

Whoa, that's crazy, I am listening to that now...I think it's Trapeze's best album IMO. (Jury and Black Cloud are my faves, but the whole thing is great!)

10. Mr. T

Mr. T Banned

Glenn does some great ballads. Here's a few I was thinking of today.

Why Don't You Stay

Still The Night

Days Of Avalon