Gilmour and Waters perform together again.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Wow that would be nice if this lead to something. I think a band reunion album between the three existing members is in order. We're not gettnig any younger people.

:grinthumb

Džedaj

Groovy as hell.
Reaction score
OOh my, I'm so happy now. This may not lead to reunion or new album, but I'm just so glad they are in good relationship and playing together. Can't wait for that Wall tour Waters scheduled for next year :D

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Yeah Waters always does a good job with The Wall but I would love to see a Floyd Wall tour...now c'mon...that would be something. :grinthumb

Drifter

Reaction score
Wow that would be nice if this lead to something. I think a band reunion album between the three existing members is in order. We're not gettnig any younger people.

:grinthumb

I doubt you'll see that happening but after their little set the other night, you never know. I seriously think Gilmour doesn't want to be a part of anything that large scale at his age and especially something involving The Wall which wasn't his baby to begin with. It would be nice to see the two of them work together again. Maybe do something similar to what Page and Plant did with Walking Into Clarksdale.

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Roger's Wall tour is bound to be incredible. I couldn't land tickets though... which sucks but I'd rather see him tour The Final Cut anyway!

It's surprising and good that these guys can still play with each other. Though I agree Dave has no intention of getting involved with this stuff on any large scale.

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
This will lead to them doing something together....

You wait and see...

don't know if it will be a tour or album.

I think after Syd passing away, then Richard Wright...it probably makes them think ''life is short'', we have years and years of great music and memories, let's forget the fussing and fighting and let's work together again, whether it be just a tour or album or both. I'm sure Nick Mason is ready and willing to do something. Just my feelings.

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score
So everyone knows of course that David is going to perform Comfortably Numb with Roger on one of his Wall tour shows? It was his(David's) idea too!

This is copied and pasted directly from Roger's Facebook page. I couldn't get the link to work. (Yes, he has a Facebook page) So congrats Londoners, because there's no chance in hell that he's coming overseas for one guitar solo!:D

So here's what happened. Last year, 'The Hoping Foundation' a charity that supports Palestinian refugee kids, (Hoping Foundation) put on a fund raiser at Ronnie Scott's Club in London, the idea of which was to raise money by auctioning karaoke performances by various celebrities. David was there as a supporter and was moved to perform an impromptu rendition of George Gershwin's 'Summertime?' which he performed aided and abetted by supermodel Kate Moss.

In the wake of that evening, someone, I think it was David himself, came up with this 'Wouldn't it be funny', idea. What if he (David that is) were to sing the old Teddy Bears song 'To Know Him Is To Love Him' with me (Roger that is), what with us having been so famously at each other's throats for years and years. Get it!!!! Anyway he E-mailed me with this suggestion and I loved it, so then it was just a question of juggling dates and deciding to do 'Wish You Were Here' and 'Comfortably Numb' to round out our little set. Or so I thought, until he sent me a number of very musical and eloquent demos of how we could do the song in two-part harmony. I listened with a sinking heart, knowing that David, with his superior vocal skills, could sing either part standing on his head, whilst I would have to search for a different key and then struggle through hours and hours of routining a performance that lay way outside my vocal comfort zone. To my eternal shame I bottled out and told Dave I would happily do 'Wish You Were Here' and 'C. Numb', but that 'To Know him is to Love him' was beyond me.

Some weeks passed with David cajoling me from time to time, telling me how easy it would be, but I clung resolutely to my fear of failure until one day he made one final entreaty. I quote "If you do 'To Know Him Is To Love Him' for The Hoping Foundation Gig, I'll come and do 'C. Numb' on one of your Wall shows". Well! You could have knocked me down with a feather. How ****ing cool! I was blown away. How could I refuse such an offer. I couldn't, there was no way. Generosity trumped fear. And so explaining that I would probably be *****, but if he didn't mind I didn't, I agreed and the rest is history. We did it, and it was ****ing great. End of story. Or possibly beginning.

Roger

PS. Just heard from David, he will decide in due course which gig he wants to do, it will be a surprise!
.Updated on Wednesday

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^That does give us all reason for healthy optimism.:bounce:

I don't think there is any doubt Rick Wright's passing has had a huge impact on all of them. You have to realize that life is precious, and all the things you attached importance to and the petty squabbling over the years pales in comparison to getting the absolute last drop of fun out of what years you do have left.

I would go to another Pink Floyd concert in a heartbeat, if they ever reunited and toured here again.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online