Ghost (Official Thread)

Damocles74

Redditor lucis aeternae
Reaction score
Ok look, it's like this: yeah they dress up on stage, sing about the devil and can come off as gimmicky at first glance, but these six nameless musicians from Sweden have found a way to blend 70's occult rock with late nwobhm and even pop influences.

Opus_eponymous.jpg

Official Website

Opus Eponymous (October 18, 2010)
Infestissumam (April 9, 2013)
Meliora (2015)
Prequelle (2018)
Impera (2022)

The obvious comparisons are early Blue Oyster Cult, Black Widow and Mercyful Fate, but there's even some ELOY in there as well.
If you can get beyond the ostensive scooby doo intro 'campiness' (done deliberately), then I promise you'll be hooked.

(yeah, yeah I know. Zombie bishop oooowww scaaary! Just give it a proper chance and enjoy the ride)

The experience is like being a kid home sick from school (faking) on a rainy day. You're eating chicken soup, playing Castlevania (or ghouls n't ghosts) and have the house all to yourself..perfect! ;)

castlevania2.png

Last edited by a moderator:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Ghost

^^I remember you posting them and then Joe picked up the album and liked it a lot.

I have looked but so far no joy as far as finding a HQ copy...might have to grab an MP3 if I can find one of them out there...to give them a proper listen.

joe

Reaction score

Great album LG. Worth picking up IMO.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

As you say GHOST are a bit of an oddity, singing about Satan without [ excuse the pun....thank Christ...the growly grunts or hysterical screams :heheh:]
Some good music in there ,love to see them "Live" thats for sure:grinthumb

Last edited by a moderator:

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
:woot: Tickets booked to see GHOST , who are playing Sheffield in march. What makes it amazing is its only £5....and 3 bands playing. Bargain ! Should be entertaining...:grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online