Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out! The Rolling Stones in Concert

Here i am

Reaction score
Released 4 September 1970
Recorded
  • 26 November 1969, Baltimore
  • 27–28 November 1969, New York City
  • January–February 1970 (vocal overdubs)
Genre
Length 47:36
Label Decca (UK), London (USA)
Producer

By this time Mick Taylor had replaced Brian Jones.
I think Mick Taylor could of been another Eric Clapton . Clapton wen through a phase in his career where the went from band to band /cream .Eric and the dominoes after the stones I like to have seen Taylor do the same and find another rock and to play with .its a tragedy it was not to be. My favorite songs are midnight rambler jumping jack flash.at the start oft eh album a woman in the crowd come on you devil
you have to give Jagger time .you dotn want his trousers to come off. do you?

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Indeed HIA... i understood Decca wanted this release as this Stones endorsed bootleg was selling like hot hash cakes at Woodstock:
R-9020824-1506355001-2384-jpeg.jpg
Live'r Than You'll Ever Be.
YaYa's has a great cover and Live With Me and Bills thumping bass work is evident.
Made before guitar techs passed pre tuned axes to the player. I loved the delays as mick and keith and ron toyed with the machine head as it gave for some great interraction with Mr.Jagger.
Sympathy For The Devil is the go-to song on this September '70 offering..for me anyhow - despite the rumours that Dave Mason was drafted in and overdubbed on top at Olympic...total bollocks!
Our kid saw them in 1969 and said "that sound Keith got from his Ampeg Dan Armstrong was identical".

Last edited:

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Think the mule here on the cover was called Jack and Charlie is holding a Vox teardrop bass...the cover photo is said to be inspired by Dylan's Johanna song.
You see lots of cherry red SG's but that red one really pops!
That and a few others were stolen in 1972. Soon Keith fell in love with this:
images-5.jpg

E-Z

Reaction score
I bought that 40th anniversary Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out special cd box set that came out around 10 years ago that features the original Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out album plus a bonus disc from the same 1969 concert with Prodigal Son, I'm Free, You Gotta Move, Under My Thumb & Satisfaction on it and another disc with Ike & Tina Turner along with BB King but I hardly ever play it but I won't sell it.

Last edited:

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
I have the live bootleg with Tina Turner, BB King and Terry Reid ( great version of lungs.)
aafdf9e42c39fee08db18607bac6c885.png
The Glimmer Twins in the green room with BB.King
img-2218.jpg
Same Night Second Show on vinyl.
images-6.jpg
What's really interesting here is that Terry Reid was a contender for Brian's spot..but didn't come off. Apparently Keith struggled without Brian on Beggars Banquet and drafted in Dave Mason to give him a dig-out on the other axe. Also uncredited on Beggars was Steve Marriot and a very quiet John Paul Jones!
These Oakland gigs were as long as Springsteens outing...often 3 hours long.
The rumours that Ya Ya's was cleaned up..hold water with many. Glyn Johns got promotion from Engineer to Producer..he was an early 60's musician in his own right. My bootleg catches the Stones on a reasonable night and a pre- Sticky Fingers You Gotta Move works well.

E-Z

Reaction score
With regards to Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out I like the A side up to Midnight Rambler but the B side sounds a little bit 'compressed' to me as if they tried to squeeze as much on as possible but it's a great Rolling Stones live album all the same and great a live album in it's own right.

Last edited:

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
True E-Z ..there are some great bootlegs..live ones from the 1972 tour..Satisfaction and Uptight with Stevie Wonder morphed into one song. Catch the Stones on a bum night...you'll be tucking into the popcorn instead!

Reactions: E-Z

E-Z

Reaction score
A few months ago I was reading something about the actual concert when Get Yer Ya-Yas Out was recorded and I believe Sam Cutler the Stones road manager had been talking to a couple of females prior to the start of the concert and they had told him that the Rolling Stones were the 'Greatest rock and roll band in the world' and when it was show time Sam thinking of what the women had told him about the band being the greatest rock and roll band in the world announced them as such by saying "The greatest rock and roll band in the world, The Rolling Stones!!."

Apparently Mick Jagger wasn't to happy with that announcement and had a few words about it with Sam after the concert.

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Just had a memory...Keith wrote this with Stevie Wonder...he almost married Quincy Jones's Daughter Jodi.
Help from Stevie and some lovin' around this time...confused matters with Anita..
( pissing outside the pot.) got her mad.
Shame the release as a 45rpm was shelved...3 years later Jiving Sister Fanny was released on ABCKO and I Don't Know Why was shunted onto the 1975 Metamorphosis album.

Reactions: E-Z

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online