1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out! The Rolling Stones in Concert

Discussion in 'Album Reviews' started by Here i am, Sep 26, 2020.

1. E-Z

E-Z 1970s Blues/Rock & slide guitar stadium rockstar

...And both very good tracks Jiving Sister Fanny & I Don't Know Why along with Memo From Turner (two versions).

Nai Noswad likes this.
  2. Nai Noswad

Nai Noswad Senior Member

Wow!...i didn't know that..Sam's patience was sorely tested with the Stones antics to be fair....great snippet of info !

E-Z likes this.
  3. E-Z

About 20+ years ago Record Collector magazine in the UK featured an article on the Rolling Stones Decca recordings and apparently from what I can remember about the feature on the Get Yer Ya-Yas Out album in particular the first song after Sam Cutler's stage announcement about 'The Rolling Stones being the greatest rock and roll band in the world' is Jumping Jack Flash which according to the magazine article was a 'studio recording' after which the rest of the album was recorded from the live concert in New York in November 1969.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
    Nai Noswad likes this.
  4. Nai Noswad

Nai Noswad Senior Member

Nothing would suprise me...mooching around a market near Greenwich years ago..picked up a Decca labelled Ya Ya's...all normal ..except it is white...not blue!...any info anyone?

5. E-Z

I presume you mean a Decca white vinyl record Nai which sounds strange and rare I would say?.

I am actually going to go out and buy around 6 of those earlier Stones albums that I haven't got from England's Newest Hit Makers in 1964 up to Aftermath in 1966 to complete my Stones collection. Fortunately ABKCO re-issued all those earlier Decca albums nearly 20 years ago which are all still available with the noted exception of C*cksucker Blues although I believe it was released in Germany once briefly before being quickly withdrawn.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
    Nai Noswad likes this.
  6. Nai Noswad

Nai Noswad Senior Member

[​IMG]
    On the left..the French version..and the weird 1970 white label Decca release?
    Not a promo or advance copy. For £13 in 1981..it was a bargain.

E-Z likes this.
  7. E-Z

Nice. I have noticed in the past a lot of those European continental rock albums from the 1970s had nice 'on stage' pictures on rock album covers as opposed to the UK counterpart album. With regards to the Stones the UK compilation vinyl LP Gimme Shelter released in 1971 has a good cover of a long shot of the band on stage.

The Gimme Shelter LP album cover- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gimme_Shelter_(album)

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
    Nai Noswad likes this.