Gentle Giant (Official Thread)

Grat_Dead

Reaction score
I love GG, one of my favorite prog bands (along with King Crimson, Van Der Graaf Generator, Genesis ........). They sound so perfect together and the change of pace leaves me fascinated!

My favorite albums in order are:

1. Gentle Giant
2. Three Friends
3. Acquiring the Taste
4. Playing the Fool
5. Octopus
6. free Hand
7. Interview
8. The Power and the Glory
9. In a Glass House

@Activator, feel and admire this cover:

:pullhair: :pullhair: :pullhair:

Last edited:

Philmore

Reaction score
40 Years Ago

The Power And The Glory

61drsQAPatL._SY300_.jpg

My mom hated that album. She could tolerate most of the stuff I listened to but that album just rubbed her the wrong way.

It's still my favorite Gentle Giant album.

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
Making a Gentle Giant thread was constantly on my mind, but never got around to making one. And now you did. :grinthumb :grinthumb

I have all the albums on vinyl, Three Friends, Octopus and In a Glass House are my favourites.

I have Free Hand, Power and the Glory, Interview ,Octopus and Three Friends on vinyl.
I think I have all of their 70's releases on digital files. Might missing one or two albums. It's cool to actually see someone other then just me who appreciates both Gentle Giant and Death Angel. Diverse taste, thats what I love about this site. :grinthumb

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
I have Free Hand, Power and the Glory, Interview ,Octopus and Three Friends on vinyl.
I think I have all of their 70's releases on digital files. Might missing one or two albums. It's cool to actually see someone other then just me who appreciates both Gentle Giant and Death Angel. Diverse taste, thats what I love about this site. :grinthumb

Exactly!! :grinthumb:grinthumb

Vader

Reaction score
This band is so eccentric lol ...love these guys. So weird but so amazingly awesome.
Listening to In a Glass House for the third time today.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
As every 70's GG album that one is just plain great!!

I like this band very much, only got a best of at the moment, we will see in the future what I can come up with.

Would love to see them live:)

I am glad you took the time to make a thread for Gentle Giant, Terra.

I like GG, they are a very complex band with tons of talent. I like their jazzy symphonic feel.........they are a great band to 'chill' with :grinthumb

I have a couple of their albums:

Free Hand and The Power and the Glory.

well guys your reading from one earthling whom as never ever listened to any GG...So @electric funeral, @Sweaty & @Vader please tell me which album to listen to first/second & three...:bow::oyea::grinthumb

Vader

Reaction score
I would start at Acquiring The Taste and go chronologically from there.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online