Register to remove these ads

General movie chat thread (trailers & discussion)

Discussion in 'Movies / Television' started by Lynch, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Lynch

Lynch Rockin' Out

How about a thread specifically for nothing specific. Just general chit-chat regarding any/all movies. Review if you like, complain, praise or anything in between.

I'm looking for something more than just "The Last Movie You Watched" thread.

Have fun:)

2. Lynch

Lynch Rockin' Out

Finally, we have a 'real' Godzilla trailer. The 'teaser' that we've had for what seems like the past year has gotten kind of old.

This looks much better than just the "you men are the best we have and we know we can count on you" teaser. The only thing that is REALLY missing from this latest trailer is the normal Godzilla 'roar'. That can be seen in the teaser though, right before the 2:00 mark (below).

Release Date: May 16, 2014

3. Sharp Dressed Man

Sharp Dressed Man Down South Jukin' Staff Member

I agree with ya, Lynch. The second trailer is better, I thought the first one was too "cheesy". I'm looking forward to the new "Godzilla", but I'm trying not to expect too much.

The movie I'm looking forward to the most atm is "Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes".

"Rise of the Planet of the Apes" was my favorite movie of 2011. I'm a huge fan of the old movies as well.

4. Lynch

Lynch Rockin' Out

Movie coming out this summer I haven't heard of until just now. Starring Scarlett Johansen (sp?).

Lucy

This looks pretty interesting and looks to be a good popcorn flick. Opening the first week in August.

5. Lynch

Lynch Rockin' Out

Here's another one I'm looking forward to. Likely won't be going to the theater, but I will most definitely be renting or possibly owning once it's available.

A Million Ways to Die in the West

Language warning: This is a redband trailer for a reason.

Release date: May 30, 2014

6. Lynch

Lynch Rockin' Out

Sin City: A Dame to Kill For

Release Date: Aug 22, 2014

7. Soot and Stars

Soot and Stars I AM SOOT! Staff Member

I want to see this for sure. It's quite the delay for a sequel but the first is one of my favorite movies! The buzz for the trailer and such has been a little negative but I reserve judgment as I know what to expect and I know I'll be happy! :grinthumb

8. Lynch

Lynch Rockin' Out

X-Men: Days of Future Past

Release Date: May 23, 2014

Really looking forward to this one as well. It'll be interesting to see how they truly make the connection between the original X-Men trilogy and the rebooted X-Men: First Class cast.

9. Lynch

Lynch Rockin' Out

I've been trying to avoid reading anything about that one, not because I am not interested but just the opposite. I do want to see it in the theater and want to be wholey surprised by every story (I hear there are 4 stories). Yeah, long time coming for a 'sequel' so that'll be interesting to see how much of that is noticible with the recurring characters and how much they've aged.

10. Soot and Stars

Soot and Stars I AM SOOT! Staff Member

I hope it's o.k. to post this in here as it's not a film (I thought it was at first) but there's multiple sites talking about Michael C. Hall playing Daredevil in an upcoming Marvel series airing on Netflix. If this is true I think it's great casting and I would be in for watching the series on that casting alone! :grinthumb