Which one is better???

• Total voters

fielding

Reaction score
Geddy Lee
111863_photo.jpg

Paul McCartney
paul_mccartney_1127563.jpg

On digitaldreamdoor.com, both these guys were ranked top 10 in best rock bassist of all time. Lee at #7 and McCartney at #8. Which bassists do YOU think is better???

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Geddy Lee is a better bassist for my money.

But when it comes to accomplishments Paul is one of the top ten artists in rock history also the wealthiest musician in the world.

The Beatles

retired
Reaction score
Geddy doesn't write songs.

Geddy has a horrible voice (imo)

Since this poll isn't a bass-specific poll, Ill go with Paul.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^He certainly writes music for songs, the lyrics are by Neil Peart no denying that but Rush albums are created by all three of the members, and it was bass specific at the end of Fielding's post TB, you must have missed it.

fielding

Reaction score
I was trying to get at who's the better at playing the bass overall, which excluded writing ability, singing, etc.

Anyways, I'll go Geddy Lee.

I know he didn't write most of Rush's lyrics, and to some he might have a funny sounding voice, but he's the better bassists in my eyes. He blows away McCartney away as far as how skilled he is.

The Beatles

retired
Reaction score
^^He certainly writes music for songs, the lyrics are by Neil Peart no denying that but Rush albums are created by all three of the members, and it was bass specific at the end of Fielding's post TB, you must have missed it.

It just says they were listed as the best bassists...

I think the picture of Paul McCartney holding a GUITAR signifies that this is an overall poll.

The Beatles

retired
Reaction score
Well, I didn't read Fielding's post before I posted my above comment, so I apologize.

But its confusing when you have Paul playing a guitar.

fielding

Reaction score
Well, I didn't read Fielding's post before I posted my above comment, so I apologize.

But its confusing when you have Paul playing a guitar.

Wow, fail...lol. Didn't even pay attention he was holding a guitar :bonk: Fixed the pic, that is a bass right??? lol, jk...

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Paul is decent bass player. Geddy is one of the best bass players in the world however so it's really no contest.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online