Votes: 2 40.0%
  • John Entwistle

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Sid Vicious

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Re: Geddy Lee vs. Geezer Butler vs. John Paul Jones vs. John Entwistle vs. Sid Viciou

I double looked myself :oyea:

Hardnecker

Reaction score
Re: Geddy Lee vs. Geezer Butler vs. John Paul Jones vs. John Entwistle vs. Sid Viciou

Rush for me are the most technically impressive band in the world, as you say Geddy seems to be capable of the most extraordinary things, bass guitar, effects pedals, keyboards, and vocals, sometimes all simultaneously, then you have to ask if there a better drummer out there than Peart, or a guitar player who can somehow make them sound live as if they are actually 4 or 5 piece band, a lot of trios sound very underwhelming live. Alex also spends ages operating foot-pedals and effects gizzmos, it's almost unbelievable what they can do instrumentally.

Lifeson's use of suspended chords, open strings etc. makes him the perfect compliment to the other two monster musicians in that band. When you take the time to listen to what Peart puts into crafting his drum parts you can't help but think he's as good as anyone. He is one of the best musicians I have ever seen, maybe the best.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

I was going to pick Geddy Lee as the best. John Entwhistle as the most influential of his era...Geezer as one of the very best metal bassists but then I saw Sid listed...looked a the tallies and realized Cosmic has pulled a fast one.

:oyea:

128656434049153837.jpg

:heheh:

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score

Good joke! Syd - is the best...new_shocked.gif2_sm11.gif

Death on Credit

Reaction score

Sid gets the win easily. He was an aw-inspiringly talented man...He definitely puts all of those other guys to shame. They had to work hard and practice for hours upon hours (what suckers!), and none of them have nearly the name recognition that Sid does. And just think, all he had to do was look cool and stand on stage with a bass in his hand. He didn't even have to play the damn thing!

It's inspirational, truly.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
This is showing the graph and I haven't voted. Wouldn't it be better to start a new survey of bassists, without Sid Vicious and the person who voted 189 times for him?

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You realise this was an April Fools joke right?

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online