Votes: 2 40.0%
  • John Entwistle

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Sid Vicious

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
A battle of some of the greatest bass players of all time!

geddy%20lee.jpeg

414176706_f00629c837_o.jpg

John+Paul+Jones+JohnPaul.jpg

john+entwistle.jpg
sid-vicious1.jpg

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
Re: Geddy Lee vs. Geezer Butler vs. John Paul Jones vs. John Entwistle vs. Sid Viciou

Sid couldn't play a skyscraper when he joined SP.

John Paul Jones, very underrated is he.

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
Re: Geddy Lee vs. Geezer Butler vs. John Paul Jones vs. John Entwistle vs. Sid Viciou

Geddy Lee 5 2.39%
Geezer Butler 5 2.39%
John Paul Johns 5 2.39%
John Entwistle 5 2.39%
Sid Vicious 189 90.43%

hihi...

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score

Probably Entwistle the most technically gifted, just, from Geddy. JPJ never especially got the chance to show off, as Zep's music was never really all that complex in the base line, Geezer I wouldn't rate in the same class as any of them, though clearly a fine musician. But I vote for Geddy, I think his base sound is more integral to the overall Rush experience than the other 3 are/were to their bands, I think if you took him out and replaced him, well, you couldn't, it's as simple as that, the whole sound would change, whereas the other 3 could be replaced without you noticing as much of a difference to the overall band sound. Geddy! So, apart from somebody spammed the poll result, or bugged it, nice choice!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I was going to pick Geddy Lee as the best. John Entwhistle as the most influential of his era...Geezer as one of the very best metal bassists but then I saw Sid listed...looked a the tallies and realized Cosmic has pulled a fast one.

:oyea:

TheSound

Reaction score

Yeah, nice one, another April Fools thing, I've been on the web most of the morning doing some work and dowloading stuff from various sites for a project I'm working on, the novelty wore off after about the 967th April Fool's joke! Midnight can't get here soon enough for me!!

Hardnecker

Reaction score

You watch Entwistle play and he looks and sounds like the teacher for "bass playing 101."
Having said that, I am a Geddy Lee guy. His bass sound is so aggressive. His technique is pure Geddy as he certainly isn't textbook in his form. What's amazing about Lee is he is so damn good on the bass while he is singing and playing keys and pedals. The way he can divide his brain like that is really impressive. Billy Sheehan and Stu Hamm are monster bass players as well.

TheSound

Reaction score

You watch Entwistle play and he looks and sounds like the teacher for "bass playing 101."
Having said that, I am a Geddy Lee guy. His bass sound is so aggressive. His technique is pure Geddy as he certainly isn't textbook in his form. What's amazing about Lee is he is so damn good on the bass while he is singing and playing keys and pedals. The way he can divide his brain like that is really impressive. Billy Sheehan and Stu Hamm are monster bass players as well.

Rush for me are the most technically impressive band in the world, as you say Geddy seems to be capable of the most extraordinary things, bass guitar, effects pedals, keyboards, and vocals, sometimes all simultaneously, then you have to ask if there a better drummer out there than Peart, or a guitar player who can somehow make them sound live as if they are actually 4 or 5 piece band, a lot of trios sound very underwhelming live. Alex also spends ages operating foot-pedals and effects gizzmos, it's almost unbelievable what they can do instrumentally.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score

Where is Roger Glover? :(

Kuaizi

Reaction score

LOL good one, totally got me.. why do I keep forgetting it's April Fools? LOL!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nepowerdry1

Members online