Gary Moore (Official Thread)

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Eric Clapton's tribute to Gary Moore...

when God pays tribute to you,you know you're good!!

Last edited:

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
It is a great shame that Gary is not around anymore, I saw him twice and he was excellent. I saw him play his rock stuff and his blues stuff and his guitar playing was top notch, what he did in his private life was his own business. Gary is up there with the greats and I will never get bored of listening to his music:)

Chevelle

Protected Witness
Reaction score
I first heard Gary Moore when a friend recommended the LP Grinding Stone. As soon as I played the title track I was hooked. I then went backwards and picked up Skid Row's first LP called Skid. This Irish power trio featured then 17 year old Gary Moore with a couple of old guys (they were in their early to mid twenties).
I was already into the original Thin Lizzy with Eric Bell and I was more than happy when Moore filled in (Moore and Lynott knew each other from the early Skid Row days).
In the mid 70s I started getting into jazz/rock/fusion and when I heard about Colosseum II I bought both LPs without hesitation.
Back On The Streets is the only solo LP I have on vinyl but I have several others on CD.
Back in the day I had been a fan of British blues since Clapton left the Yardbirds to go with Mayall so when I read that Peter Green gave his Les Paul to Gary Moore I was not surprised. That is a big honor in the world of guitarists.

RockshotsPhotos

Reaction score
One of my favorite Gary photo's I've ever seen. RIP. Miss this guy so much. A "must listen" to are the "3" Colosseum II albums, stunning jazz-rock fusion. I've got 30 cd's/albums by Gary and believe him to be one of the best ever, along with Jeff Beck I might add.

IMG_4029.JPG

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LillaMackr

Members online