Gary Moore' G.Force

Bryter Later

Reaction score
:grinthumb The great G.Force,a band that Gary Moore formed in the 80's. Some awesome playing on this album. It has that slight 80's sound to it,but is well worth adding to your collection. White Knuckles just blows those cob webs away !!. Enjoy guys :grinthumb

:cheers2 Bryter.

P.S Sorry guys,could'nt find White Knuckles,so went for You instead .

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Wasn't this the only album by this group?

6017-gary-moores-%7E-g-force.jpg

I read that Gary Moore put this group together for the chance to tour with Van Halen, then after the tour G-Force fell apart.

Bryter Later

Reaction score
:grinthumb Yes,that is correct Magic. Shame really as it would have been interesting to see how their music would have evolved. I believe that a live album by G Force was released a good few years after they disbanded.

:cheers2 Bryter.

E-Z

Reaction score
Funny this album was the ONLY ALBUM of Gary's that this Metalhead could (just about) take which i originally bought on vinyl back in 1980!!.

Ok metalhead's i know it's a 'pop/metal' album although sort of on the 'heavy side' BUT the track-

WHITE KNUCKLES will blow ya muthaf**king head off!!!!!!!. :wtf: :uh:

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
My favourite track is Because of Your Love, which has one of the greatest intros ever. Mark Nauseef worked with the Ian Gillan Band, but I sometimes wonder what happened to the singer, Willie Dee.

Gary Moore Live at the Marquee (1983) contains some G-Force material, although the G-Force band do not feature on the album.

E-Z

Reaction score
My favourite track is Because of Your Love, which has one of the greatest intros ever. Mark Nauseef worked with the Ian Gillan Band, but I sometimes wonder what happened to the singer, Willie Dee.

Gary Moore Live at the Marquee (1983) contains some G-Force material, although the G-Force band do not feature on the album.

Yeah your correct there Big Ears Gary released (or his then record company released?) 3 good albums from that 1979/1980 period (in my opinion)-

1.DIRTY FINGERS
2.LIVE AT THE MARQUEE
3.G-FORCE

*** Not necessarily in that order?. ***

Those 3 albums are about the only albums that i liked of his stuff.

Never knew if he was a Rocker, a jazz guy or a blues man??.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
I haven't heard Dirty Fingers.

Gary Moore seemed to be either a jazzrock or hard rock guitarist, but with little overlap. The Colosseum II material is pure jazzrock, whereas G-Force, Greg Lake Band, BBM, Thin Lizzy and his other solo albums are all hard rock. Although he played both styles live, I cannot think of any tracks which combine jazzrock and heavy rock. I have not heard any of his blues albums, so I am not sure how comfortable he was in this style.

E-Z

Reaction score
According to a rock friend of mine he reckons that Gary was a very good Jazz/Rock guitarist when he was in Colosseum II (i never heard that stuff) but i always liked him when he played HEAVY ROCK either as a solo artist or as a member of Thin Lizzy.

The DIRTY FINGERS album has a NWOBHM vibe to it which isn't surprising as it came out in 1980 and it's a 'decent heavy rock album' in my opinion.

As for G-Force yeah i actually like that album it's a good listen.

As for his 'bluesman' stuff well he mite have made money doing that stuff but he became boring in my opinion.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online