Gary Clark Jr

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I think after one listen, my quick favorite is this groovy track! This is Jazzy, Groovy, Funky as Hell and even has a little MJ vibe imo! Great track! :grinthumb

Can't Sleep

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
500x500.jpg
ark-jr-the-story-of-sonny-boy-slim-album-cover-art.jpg

I keep cycling between favorites on the recent album. I love how he's expanded his sound to other genres as he was sold as an accomplished modern Blues artist and great Blues guitarist. He made a Pop album that can be taken seriously imo. He's got some 80's type slow jam similar to Prince here.

Down To Ride

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
I keep cycling between favorites on the recent album.

It speaks for the quality of an album, when that happens. I agree that he has expanded his sound somewhat, but I would not go as far as calling it a pop record. He's still rooted in blues and soul, but with a bit of pop appeal. What I like about the record, is that it feels a bit more focussed than "Blak and Blu" and the flow of the record feels more fluent. For now, my favourite track is "Church".

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
500x500.jpg
ark-jr-the-story-of-sonny-boy-slim-album-cover-art.jpg

I keep cycling between favorites on the recent album. I love how he's expanded his sound to other genres as he was sold as an accomplished modern Blues artist and great Blues guitarist. He made a Pop album that can be taken seriously imo. He's got some 80's type slow jam similar to Prince here.

Down To Ride

It speaks for the quality of an album, when that happens. I agree that he has expanded his sound somewhat, but I would not go as far as calling it a pop record. He's still rooted in blues and soul, but with a bit of pop appeal. What I like about the record, is that it feels a bit more focussed than "Blak and Blu" and the flow of the record feels more fluent. For now, my favourite track is "Church".

you both make great points of view about the album...I like " Church " too!

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online