Garth Brooks (Official Thread)

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
^^ yeah, he did that a couple of times. Did a studio version as well as doing it live, including with KISS (at least once, although I think it was more than just this one time)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Add me to the group who was mulling over making this thread and a fan of the dance! Also, good pick with "Standing Outside the Fire" Jen. "The Hits" was the first country album I ever owned though I was raised on country. Garth bled the lines between the country and mainstream crowds before anyone in my generation. I didn't feel out of sorts having his c.d. come in with all the rock albums I was acquiring. Now I have every Garth Brooks album excluding the DVD box set but including the other two ones and even Chris Gaines which wasn't bad IMO. Here are two favorites not listed:

The River
(always has a great inspirational message)

2n video no longer available

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Really? Bringing KISS into a perfectly innocent country thread? :nw:

:D

Don't blame me...blame this guy...

Garth-Brooks-2.jpg

Lynch

Reaction score
His live show was outstanding. I saw him back in like 1997 or so, and it was one of THE most energetic concerts I had ever seen. He made a lot of rock stars look lazy on that tour.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
His live show was outstanding. I saw him back in like 1997 or so, and it was one of THE most energetic concerts I had ever seen. He made a lot of rock stars look lazy on that tour.

His shows must have been pretty entertaining. It says here that his third best-selling album was a live one. That's a strange feat for an artist. Not sure how often that happens.

Top Selling Country Albums of All Time - A List of the 10 Top Selling Country Albums of All Time

Garth totally dominates that list. Really shows how massively influential he, the Dixie Chicks and Shania are in the country world.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
GarthBrooks1.jpg

Garth Brooks Releases Massive Box Set

Garth Brooks is back, this time with a new boxset entitled Blame It All on My Roots: Five Decades of Influences, which saw its release last week on Black Friday.

Blame It All on My Roots: Five Decades of Influences is an eight-disc set that includes four discs of cover songs from across the entire spectrum of his influences, plus a DVD of his Las Vegas performance, Live From the Encore Theatre, as well as a re-release of his 2-CD set, The Ultimate Hits, and an accompanying DVD of his music videos. The set encompasses 77 songs, 33 videos, the live Vegas performance and a 68-page photo book, and retails for $24.96.

Blame It All on My Roots: Five Decades of Influences is available exclusively at Walmart stores and Walmart.com, as well as at all Sam's Club locations

Lynch

Reaction score
Blame It All on My Roots: Five Decades of Influences is an eight-disc set that includes four discs of cover songs from across the entire spectrum of his influences, plus a DVD of his Las Vegas performance, Live From the Encore Theatre, as well as a re-release of his 2-CD set, The Ultimate Hits, and an accompanying DVD of his music videos. The set encompasses 77 songs, 33 videos, the live Vegas performance and a 68-page photo book, and retails for $24.96.

I saw that Box set at Walmart on Thursday and almost picked it up, it looks pretty damn good, especially considering the price. So many rock artists should take a hint here and learn that you don't have to gouge the **** out of your fans' pocketbooks when releasing box sets.

I seriously get really tired of seeing rock artists re-releasing shit that we all already have and STILL charging hundreds of dollars fo it. This set is a combo of new/unreleased stuff as well as DVDs as well as a re-release of greatest hits stuff.

Thumbs up Garth!

Lynch

Reaction score
BTW: I saw some of that One Man Show from the Las Vegas performance (on CBS last Friday night) and I have to say that everything I saw was awesome.

I have seen Garth in concert and he is NOT your typical country star. He is a performer and an entertainer, first and foremost. :bow:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online