Garth Brooks (Official Thread)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Garth Brooks

Capture-11.jpg

Garth Brooks began his country music career in 1984 and announced his retirement in 2001. But wait, he has come out of retirement and began performing again in 2009. Garth has achieved the RIAA title of #1 selling solo artist in US history, now surpassing Elvis Presley.

Garth Brooks Official Website

Garth’s distinguished discography:

• 1989: Garth Brooks
• 1990: No Fences
• 1991: Ropin' the Wind
• 1992: The Chase
• 1993: In Pieces
• 1995: Fresh Horses
• 1997: Sevens
• 1999: Garth Brooks...In the Life of Chris Gaines
• 2001: Scarecrow

Where does one begin with Garth Brooks……..if you like the more “poppier” country music, start with Fresh Horses and Sevens. I prefer the meat and taters country, therefore, I would begin with the debut:

albumcovers_garthbrooks.jpg

If Tomorrow Never Comes

Last edited:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
2nd release (1990)

51AnfVEKhDL.jpg

This album contains some of Garth's best known songs "Friends in Low Places", "Unanswered Prayers", "Two of a Kind, Workin' on a Full House", and a Fleetwood Mac cover "Mr. Blue".

Thunder Rolls

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
The first song I ever remember hearing from Garth was The Thunder Rolls. We were in a small town bar shooting pool, one of my buddies goes to play some rock on the jukebox and accidentally hit the wrong number. He comes back over and says "ugh... the second song is going to suck", we said "why", and he said "I accidentally hit some shit from Garth Brooks".

We all did the proverbial eye-roll :rolleyes:

Then the song came on and every one of us was like "WTF? this is pretty damn good!". That was early in 1992 and I've been a fan of his ever since. Saw him in concert and I have to say for a country music concert, it was one of the most energetic and entertaining concerts I have ever been to. Very very good. The guy was (is) a pure entertainer and showman.

Good thread choice, I'll be coming back to this one.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
I was going to ask if you wanted to make a Garth thread or if you wanted me to. It's like having a rock forum without a Beatles thread. :D

If The Dance doesn't tug at your heart strings a little, I don't know what will.

Or this one:

Shameless

It's really hard to find Garth songs on YouTube. :bonk:

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
The Dance is a great song. It used to have a very special meaning to me, and was a song I actually used to sing quite a bit. haven't listened to it for years though.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
There is like 0 Garth brooks on youtube. I look for this to begin happening for other bands/artists, too. Right now a lot of bands only have live videos on youtube, and those are beginning to drop from YT also.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
There is like 0 Garth brooks on youtube. I look for this to begin happening for other bands/artists, too. Right now a lot of bands only have live videos on youtube, and those are beginning to drop from YT also.

I'm thinking Garth probably pulled a Prince and won't allow them on there...? Some artists are like that, though I don't understand it because it gives exposure to people who would otherwise probably not listen to your stuff, so they're only shooting themselves in the foot IMO.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Members online

No members online now.