Frumpy (Official Thread)

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
I'd like to bring up some krautrock in here, Frumpy this time. Short info:

Frumpy was a German progressive rock band based in Hamburg, which was active between 1970–1972 and 1990–1995. Formed after the break-up of folk rockers The City Preachers, Frumpy released four albums between 1970–1973 and achieved considerable commercial success. The German press hailed them as the best German rock band of their time and their vocalist Inga Rumpf as the "greatest individual vocal talent" of the contemporary German rock scene. They disbanded in 1972 although the various members all worked together at various times over the following two decades and they reunited again in 1989, producing three more albums over five years after which they disbanded once more.

Frumpy+_group.jpg

These heavy prog rockers are worth to check them out, here is the taster of what they did, one of the best Hammond organ solos:

joe

Reaction score
Re: Frumpy

I didn't think anyone would of posted about this band. Good to see.:grinthumb

By seeing your post I pulled out my only piece of vinyl from the band as it's been long time since I had listened to it. A nice balance of symphonic prog with heavy psych and not as chaotic, frantic, and experimental("out there") as some other krautrockers.

I found a re-issue SS copy of Frumpy 2 many years ago on the Fontana label.

Frumpy_2.jpg

Here's a kick-azz track from the album. The Hammond smokes:

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
They sound pretty cool ! A band Id never heard of...and its a band name you would sort of remember. Saying that I had to look up the word " Frumpy" in the dictionary Frump [ dowdy,badly dressed woman ].......Now theres a word to use in Scrabble !!
Thanks for the introduction Nolo , no surprise to see the prog conniseur Joe here :grinthumb . Yep cool Hammond organ sounds......please more FRUMPY !! :cheers2

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
What a terrible name for a quality band, have two of their albums myself, only picked them up a couple months ago.:D

Nice thread Nolo, you are becoming a Prog legend in here.:hab:

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
I have heard of this band, don't have any of their albums but maybe I will buy some with all the others I need:)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LillaMackr

Staff online

Members online