Franz Liszt

opera races

Reaction score
This one was too good and interesting to hold off on posting (since I seem to be on a classical roll tonight and made a lot of posts already).

I was simply looking for a performance video (by an orchestra) of Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2 in C Sharp Minor, another favorite of mine and found this fascinating presentation about Franz Liszt which accompanies the music.

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
Liszt was an incredible player...His Mephisto Waltz is one of my favorites. It's like heavy metal for the piano, especially the opening.

opera races

Reaction score
Liszt was an incredible player...His Mephisto Waltz is one of my favorites. It's like heavy metal for the piano, especially the opening.
Heavy metal for piano, how appropriate :D

From what I've heard and read, Liszt was like a rock superstar of his time.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I am a Huge fan of Franz Liszt...:bow:

I've got almost all his pieces, his symphonic Tone Poems are first class, and his piano mastery is magnificent.

I have a special CD I picked up years ago, one of the best solo piano recordings I've ever heard, "Nojima Plays Liszt",,,on Professor Robert Johnson's label. Stunning is the word I would use.

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Nice.

More of Horowitz playing Liszt, the Consolation #3 in D...it almost makes you believe that if Horowitz was fast asleep at the piano, his hands would just carrying on playing regardless

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Members online