1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frank Ifield and The Beatles

Discussion in 'Graveyard' started by Midnight Rider, Dec 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Midnight Rider

Midnight Rider Captain Karma

I found a box of old records and came across an old album of Frank Ifield and a new upstart band called The Beatles. I am curious if anyone knows anything about him. I have been doing a little research and from what I can tell he was very popular in England in the early to mid 60's. This album looks like a rare one for sure. One think that is interesting is the liner note says "It is with a great deal of pride and pleasure that this copulation has been presented. I hope they meant compilation.

2. Reverend Rock

Reverend Rock cool music and hot coffee

"Copulation"...sounds like perfect British lowbrow comedy to me!

The Ifield/Beatles recordings have been around since the mid 60s. I never bothered to check into it myself, but you might have something of a collector's item on your hands. My enthusiasm for the Beatles is huge, but somehow has never extended to their pre-EMI work.

3. Reverend Rock

Oh boy...here we go...moderator, please...

4. eccentric man

eccentric man Senior Member

where in the bible (verse and version) does it state that you have to spam up internet forums? where does it state that you HAVE to force people to follow your belief? seems to me like you're a middle aged person (you're the one who said you found god at 39) who's so afraid of being alone that you grabbed onto whatever it was that made you feel like you belonged to something bigger and in order for you to maintain that charade you feel the need to force others into your belief.

is it that you really believe in god? or that you feel the need to believe in god? or did you just replace a drug addiction with a religious addiction?

5. Martha Washington

Martha Washington eat it! it's GOOD for you

I believe that it's the book of Spammeronomy which tells us that a man whose testicles are crushed or whose penis is cut off may never join the assembly of the LORD but that a man who spams the ever loving crap out of a message board WILL!

6. Reverend Rock

Spammeronomy...I think that's somewhere between 2nd Opinions and the 1st Epistle of Paul to the Liverpudians.

7. eccentric man

ahhh gotcha hehehe my bad hehehe

8. eccentric man

i'm too sick to give half a shit about this reply. but seriously, jesus trolls are by far the most annoying of the bunch.

i'm also quite open to theological debate, one of my best friends is ordained and having spiritual discussions along with his father (who has a full room dedicated to the various bibles and religious texts he owns) is quite enjoyable and stimulating.

not once did either of them 'command' me to follow in their beliefs like a thrall in line with its master. but they have made it clear that their door was always open and should i ever find myself on their steps that they would welcome me, but they don't believe in beating me over the head and dragging me inside like you seem intent on doing.

9. eccentric man

does god command you to be a slave to his whim as well?

10. algernon

algernon Senior Member

Shame on you, you pompous ass.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.