Forgotten Influential Moments in Rock n Roll

Reaction score
I looked a bit, but might have missed it.. I'm hoping this hasn't been done before.. but let's brainstorm some events that were very, very big in the history of rock music.. One that came to my mind was 1974, California Jam.. That was a major thing, with lots of major bands and a huge, even well run event.. Barely anyone ever really mention this.. So what are some major events you can think of, that are generally forgotten.. I'll try to edit them into the OP and make a list:grinthumb

So far

1974 - California Jam

Kink Floyd

Reaction score
The Allman Brother's bands live set at Fillmore 71. One of the key live shows along with the The Who playing at Leeds and Isle at Wright Very important, but does get lost in the shuffle.

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
Johnny Cash ''The Sun Record Years''

These recordings helped shape rock music in the early days of rock and roll and many years after that and still today.

Elvis Presley ''The Sun Record Years'' gets a lot of credit and attention and rightfully so! - but lets not forget Johnny Cash's Sun Record Years.

Odysseus

Kustom Kartilage
Reaction score
Nice photo of the Stars and Stripes with the big lady in the background Groovy Man!:grinthumb

The Monterey Pop International Music Festival in 1967 was a turning point. Woodstock is always referred to as the zenith but it could be argued that it had more of a cultural impact than a musical one.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

Chris Barber inviting Muddy over to tour the UK IN 58, Introducing a new generation to electric blues.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online

Members online