Foreigner (Official Thread)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
I took occasion to listen to Foreigner’s first four albums today. 4 is probably my favorite but their debut album is pretty fantastic as well.
I was reminded of a some story about Ritchie Blackmore critically admitting that some of his mid 80’s Rainbow songs sounding like Foreigner. That would be a nice problem to have.
I have never found Agent Provocateur and the live album all that satisfying.I habitually stick with those first four albums

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
Foreigner are coming to SA this weekend but at over R5000 (±$270) a ticket I don't think I'll be going.
Agree that the first four albums are the golden era. A fantastic band back in the day.

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
A recent documentary about Ritchie Blackmore’s band, Rainbow, touched briefly on the opinion that some of the music Rainbow was putting out in the 80’s sounded like Foreigner. I don’t disagree with that. But another person interviewed in the documentary went on to challenge that Foreigner copied Deep Purple a bit; which was something I do not endorse. I’m not a tremendous Deep Purple fan but I have never heard anything from Foreigner that reminded me of any Deep Purple song.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online