Register to remove these ads

For people under 25. What newer hard rock bands do you like ?

Discussion in '2010's Music' started by Hard Rock, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Rock out !

Just trying to get an idea of what younger people like for rock. And i don't count John Mayer or any Screemo or Nu-metal as rock. It has to be harder edge Rock. Airborne is a good example...im not a huge fan but i really admire the spirit of them.You could throw some of White Stripes stuff in there too. Anything really hard guitar oriented with good melody. No bands older than say ,2000.

Reason is, i want to find NEW rock bands that kick A## ! They can be obscure as well. Thanx !

Last edited: Jan 27, 2011
  2. snakes&ladders

snakes&ladders Senior Member

That leaves me out of course....oh well, I'll just ride along here...who knows, I might get a nifty heads up :):)

3. Hard Rock

Hard Rock Rock out !

^^^^ Yes. I know this thread will probably be a little lean but hey...im sure back in the day somebody said " hey you might want to check out these guys" about Sabbath, AC/DC, Scorps, Halen ect. Hell, my girlfriend back in middle school (84') said " check out this band "....Metallica's ride the lightning...My response was " what is this crap ?" " PunK ?" I became a fan a few years later.

Keep your ears open, but an even more open mind :grinthumb

4. noodlez

noodlez Member

I'm not under 25, but a few that sound like they are right up your alley are:
    Fort - FORT on Myspace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
    Troy Torino - TROY TORINO on Myspace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
    Tracy Starr - TRACY STARR on Myspace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

And here are some a little closer to the AC/DC and Airbourne sound:
    Bonafide - bonafide on Myspace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
    Charm City Devils - CHARM CITY DEVILS on Myspace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
    The Milestones - The Milestones on Myspace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
    Supagroup (90s band) - Supagroup on Myspace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
    Rhino Bucket (80s band) - Rhino Bucket on Myspace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

If you like any or all of the above, let me know I have a decent sized list of newer bands with the hard rock/classic rock sound.

5. AboutAGirl

AboutAGirl oh, be nice

I'm under 25. And while I don't like a particularly vast amount of 00s music, most of what I like isn't what I would consider straight-up rock.

But by far the best rock band of today, and maybe even the best rock band to form since the end of the 80s would be Paramore.

6. Slip'nn2Darkness

Slip'nn2Darkness Sub Sonic Soul Shaker

7. Syd

Syd Senior Member

I love Hayley Williams, she is Beautiful and sings awesome (The best Female Voice in Rock History for me), but I don't think the band is one of the best.

The thing is that the best rock bands (in my opinion) of the 2000's are very "british". Their main influences are bands like Sex Pistols, The Clash the whole Post-Punk thing, stuff like the Smiths too. So they aren't bands that are really heavy on guitars, they don't use much guitar solos or stuff like that. They are more danceable songs, with creative lyrics and stuff.

8. DaKillerWolf

DaKillerWolf Cosmic Time Warp Warrior

I'm NOT under 25 but if you are looking for hard rock bands that are more along the lines of the old school tradition go look into my "Retro" thread in the 2000's section. There are a lot of newer bands in there that have a hard rockin' edge but retain the old school melodic sensibility .

9. LG

LG Fade To Black

I am Way past 25 HR, but here is a band that Sox introduced to me and they seriously kick ass. Their debut is excellent, check them out for new hard rock you can't miss.(And DKW is right him and Joe and LOU have all got some excellent threads for old fashioned hard rock as well.)

[​IMG]

10. Fisha

Fisha Senior Member

This is one of my favourite and actually one of the most interesting going around, they probably aren't 'hard' as such but probably about as much as White Stripes