1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Football Thread NFL & CFL

Discussion in 'Sports of all sorts' started by Flower, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Jet

Jet Midway Up The Ceiling

Oh I agree. But I also think that GoDaddy is being smart by not fooling around with anything that has to do with a dog being bought online, and the "puppy mill" connotations. That could backfire big time.

2. Lynch

Lynch Here for the cookies and the tunes

WAAAAY out of proportion. I do like this response from GoDaddy's CEO:

:rolleyes: Seriously, that is a perfect response to the twits out there that blew this up as if it was something real.

3. Lynch

Hell of a way to finish up this season! SO happy for Brady and Belichick, two of the best at what they do in the history of the game!

:bow:

:happylynch:

4. Metal Health

Metal Health Senior Member

It was the Seahawks Super Bowl to win. Stupid play call to go with the pass. Worst play call in NFL history. 1 minute on the clock, ball on like the 2 yard line, you have Marshawn Lynch. Very stupid call that cost Seattle the Super Bowl!

5. gcczep

gcczep Ever Onward...

U Sad Bro?

Seattle goes into Least Mode on that last play... :pimp: Kraft shows class.

6. Lynch

You know, on that last Seattle play, I was yelling "Why isn't Belichick NOT calling a GD timeout!?!"

In hindsight, it worked out. Had he called a timeout, I think that Seattle would have figured out a better way to handle that play. Seriously, it wasn't a horrible play, it wasn't a good play, but certainly not horrible. But the fact that they even called that play is just an odd one considering they have Lynch in the backfield.

I've been seeing Seattle fans all over the internet screaming that it was the worst play call ever. I can't agree with that, but it was pretty goofy. Had it worked, most would likely have called it ingenious. Can't have it both ways.

7. gcczep

gcczep Ever Onward...

Least Mode In Hindsight...

I was thinking about it but Seattle had one timeout available. Half a minute left on the 2. Carroll stated he saw that New England subbed in goal line defenders to load up the box so he did not feel good about the matchups. Had Lynch been stuffed...a good 10 to 15 seconds would have run off. Still you go down with your best not something cute. Wilson is also mobile enough on the pistol formation to could have pulled a scoring play too. That kid Butler saw the play and jumped the route so he deserves credit.

People in San Francisco and Green Bay are probably celebrating too. :pimp:

8. Lynch

most of the dingbat Packer fans that I know were rooting for Seattle, because in the world that they live in, a Seattle win means that when the chips were on the table, they only lost to the best team in the league. A Patriots win would screw up that mindset.

The place some of them live in is a strange place.

But apparently Lil' Wayne is a packers fan, so ... there's that.

[​IMG]

:oyea:

9. Hurdy Gurdy Man

Hurdy Gurdy Man Senior Member

An old business adage-Nothing wrong with even BAD publicity.I've seen so many people say and or do many so many seemibly shocking things,but in my opionion,if something a celbreity seems really completely out of line with reasonably good taste public forum decorum,you've got a really high chance that it wasn't committed in the name of the celeb's actual sentimentsbut rather to stir up public interest in the part in question.Some have been washed ups merely looking to get their names back in the tabloids or on one of those evening entgertainment magazine shows like "Inside Edition"or "Access Hollywood".Great case in point here for us classic rock buffs is late 60's,early 70's band Sprit's attempt to collect royalties claiming that Led Zeppelin sole the opening riff of "Stairway" from their song "Taurus".Even if Zep did indeed appropriate the song starter,the fact is they waited 43 frigen years to bring the matter to light.Personally,I think they had no problem with it at the time in 1971 as they and Zep did many gigs together and were probably rather tight as friends at the time.But when it came time that Spirit was far out of vogue in the rock world(unfortunately including their wonderful hit "I Got A Line On You")and the band decided they needed a few bucks,BOOM,all of a sudden over four decades later,they have a gripe about the situation.Deflate Gate,as much as in my mind the Pats may have been guilty cheating once again(Spygate)was quite actually wonderful PR for the sport,albeit by dubious distinction.And yes,Phil B.in BIG business at least,botttom line is bottom line.Just keep in mind we're talking about a politico-business complex that is looking to morph the entire country into a giant money making conglomerate on the business side while simultaneously and boldlyattempting neo-fascism on the government end of the many societal detriments committed by our governing bodies.By the way,what did everybody think of Tom Brady giving the truck he won for earning Super Bowl MVP to cornerback Malcolm Butler?I'm willing to give benefit of the doubt to Brady for simply being a world class act,but on the other hand,perhaps a ploy to take some of the heat off his broad shoulders so grandly provided by deflate gate.If he and coach Belichik are indeed found guilty of rules improprieties,I guess we'll have another couple of famous phonies on our hands.Hi NBC News' Brian Williams and possibly Bill Cosby.Can't stand phonies and posers.................

10. gcczep

gcczep Ever Onward...

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly...New England style

It's more than plausible for Brady to pull a charitable act so that it makes him look good. However, it has been reported that he likes to gift all of his teammates with watches, clothes and shoes. Not cheap ones, mind you.

Seeing Brady twirl, jump up and down with joy after that interception then seeking out Butler for a bear hug during the post game celebration makes it seem genuine. After the heartbreak of Super Bowls lost thanks to David Tyree and Mario Manningham's circus catches to set up winning scores, then Kearse making another one to set up a potential third...it can be surmised that he was indeed grateful.

Another note was that Brady's family were still very upset about the accusations that they railed on a reporter to leave him alone afterwards. Who knows what really happened? The one character in all of this that I wouldn't pass it by is Belichick.

Not a Pats fan by any means but if there is one story I'd like to see develop is to see this humble young man Butler build on this for a very good career.