1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Foo Fighters (Official Thread)

Discussion in '90's Music' started by eberg15101, Dec 12, 2009.

1. rollingstoned

rollingstoned Queens of the Stone Age

Friend of a Friend is my favorite Foo Fighters song!

2. b.o.b.

b.o.b. Senior Member

Wasting Light is (surprisingly for me) a damn good album. Definitely in my top 10 albums for 2011.

The whole album performed live in studio.

3. ILoveJimmyPage

ILoveJimmyPage Senior Member

Rope is such a fun and uplifting song, with a nice hard rockin' edge to it. It also makes for good driving music. I think I hear it almost every day on the commute to/from work. :grinthumb

4. Cosmic Harmony

Cosmic Harmony Senior Member

I didn't actually care for "Rope", Jen. It was the first single from "Wasting Light" and it wasn't until singles like "Walk" and "These Days" came out that I got interested in getting it.

5. Sunny

Sunny Settled down at last and very happy.

The Foo Fighter would be one of the best bands I have seen. They give their all onstage for their fans and David Grohl seems to be such a down to earth guy.

One of my favourites "My Hero"

6. Lavender10

Lavender10 Cult of Personality

Ive always thought Dave was talking about Kurt in that, in my head it sounds like a tribute to a lost friend and idol. Thats just me though, Ive heard different things from different people. :)

7. METALPRIEST

METALPRIEST Senior Member

Dave Grohl Covers ‘Under Pressure’

8. Ragged Glory

Ragged Glory Banned

Yeah, I mean, just because a band's song is one of their biggest "hits" ever doesn't mean that it's the best song by them. AC/DC's song "You Shook Me All Night Long" is one of their all time biggest "hits" and I'm damn near sick of the song!:pullhair: Anyways, I've seen every Foo Fighters line up live and they've always put on great shows. I always liked seeing Pat Smear in the band and thought that the tour for "The Colour And The Shape" was incredible. It was cool that Pat Smear joined them all on "Wasting Light" too. I own every album of their and it's hard to pick a favorite since I love them all. Perhaps I'd pick the first one first and the 2nd one 2nd, but who knows after that? I haven't been disappointed in a Foo Fighters album yet and Dave's one of the coolest musicians/Drummers ever in the business.:bow:

9. Musikwala

Musikwala Popmartian

Yayyyy I'm gonna be seeing the Foos in December in Johannesburg!!! :woot: :woot: :woot:

10. Cosmic Harmony

Cosmic Harmony Senior Member

That's awesome, Musikwala. My partner's dad say they're the best show he's ever seen and he's been to a LOT of concerts in his years. I'm sure it'll rock your rocks off. :)