Foo Fighters (Official Thread)

pistolpete

Reaction score
Re: Foo Fighters

Saw them live a couple years ago. If you like any of their songs and get a chance to see them live, GO! Great show. Great band. Dave Grohl is the f***** man.

This song blew me away when I saw them and quickly became one of my favorites by them.

Reaction score

I haven't had the chance to see them, and I really hope I do, but I always record whatever live footage of theirs comes on TV:grinthumb

Sounds like it was a fun show, PP

Reaction score

Some stuff from their newest album, Wasting Light, just released this past month

It's a lot faster and heavier.. I don't know if I like it much, but it's still Foo Fighters.. Once again a very funny video, though:heheh:

Wasting Light
foo_fighters_wasting_light_cover-468x468.jpg

White Limo

A decent fan video--Rope

Bridges Burning---Teaser

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

I've been hit and miss with Foo Fighters. I love when they showed Pretender on Mtv. But i've never really paid too much attention to these guys. They're a great band, just not always my cup of tea.

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

^^ You should listen to them more, they have quite a surprising range of different styles over their career :grinthumb Disc 2 of In Your Honor for example is completely acoustic!

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

^^ You should listen to them more, they have quite a surprising range of different styles over their career :grinthumb Disc 2 of In Your Honor for example is completely acoustic!

I am a sucker for acoustic. I will definitely check more out from them.

Reaction score

Compare that to those tracks from the newest album...:heheh:

Both ends of a very wide spectrum.. The new tracks are far from acoustic.. they are very, very electric--in anyway you can find to use the word "electric" as a description..:D

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

I have every Foo Fighters album aside from the live one and the hits package and from the tracks listed it sounds like I'll be getting the new one! Though they haven't had an album quite as good as The Colour in the Shape they are one of those basic solid bands I enjoy and buy their stuff from! :grinthumb

rollingstoned

Queens of the Stone Age
Reaction score

I absolutely hate Nirvana, but the Foo Fighters had some really good songs. Such as...

Probably my favorite Foo's song

Dave Grohl is just too good a musician to rot in a "band" like Nirvana, i'm glad he didn't fall by the wayside when Kurt Cobain died. Unfortunately his metal project, Probot, sucked bad. And I was really looking forward to it too!

Have to disgree with you. I think being in Nirvana really helped Dave out and gave him the experience he needed. No offense to Dave, he is a great musician all around but I like him better on drums then guitar. Great singer as well.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online