Foo Fighters (Official Thread)

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
Re: Foo Fighters

Where did I miss this thread? I've got all of their studio works, and the Skin And Bones live acoustic CD. My favourite album is also my most played, In Your Honour. Favourite songs, where to start! Since eberg already posted Everlong, which would be my no.1 I'll add Cold Day In The Sun, Over And Out and Monkey Wrench:

Great band :grinthumb

Craig in Indy

Your cool Uncle
Reaction score

IMO, two of their very best are Nothing Left to Lose and Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace.

NLTL has some incredible tracks on it, including "Next Year," the song that was used for the opening theme music for the TV series Ed (except for one season when it was replaced by Clem Snide's "Moment in the Sun"). "Breakout," "Generator," "Learn to Fly," and "Headwires" are unassailable songs, IMO.

And from ESP&G comes the much-played but terrific "Long Road to Ruin":

As far as the name goes, I have no information, but I did find it amusing that when they had atiny guest spot on an episode of West Wing they made a point of correcting someone who thought their name was The Foo Fighters. Apparently there's no "the" in the name. ;)

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

Sorry Craig, but Long Road To Ruin is ome of my least favourite Foo songs. Personally I much prefer the likes of Summer's End, But Honestly and Come Alive from ESPG:

I can't complain about the rest of your post though, TINLTL is a quality album :grinthumb

Reaction score

I'm watching their Storytellers, on VH1 Classic right now:D

excellent, I've seen it plenty of times before, but figured I'd post... They're on "Wheels" right now, and their bassist definitely doesn't get enough recognition, he's really good, has great chemistry with the lead guitarist... the drummer does piss me off sometimes, he seems pretty high on himself when he plays, but everyone else says he is great:heheh:

PinkFreud

Rock Junkie
Reaction score

Foo Fighters are pretty good. I like a few songs here and there, but I'm not really a big fan. I hear a lot of people praise Everlong as their best song, but I never liked it. Learn to Fly is probably my favorite that they did

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

I'm watching their Storytellers, on VH1 Classic right now:D

excellent, I've seen it plenty of times before, but figured I'd post... They're on "Wheels" right now, and their bassist definitely doesn't get enough recognition, he's really good, has great chemistry with the lead guitarist... the drummer does piss me off sometimes, he seems pretty high on himself when he plays, but everyone else says he is great:heheh:

You might like his solo project, it's more classic rock orientated than the Foo's music and IMO showcases his drumming a lot better. Listen to Cold Day In The Sun (5 posts ago) if you haven't already, that's a Taylor song. If you like that you'll like Taylor Hawkins And The Coattail Riders :grinthumb

Reaction score

You might like his solo project, it's more classic rock orientated than the Foo's music and IMO showcases his drumming a lot better. Listen to Cold Day In The Sun (5 posts ago) if you haven't already, that's a Taylor song. If you like that you'll like Taylor Hawkins And The Coattail Riders :grinthumb

Just listened to it to refresh my memory, and it's not a bad song, but they really need to find a classier drummer... I wonder what Stan Lynch is doing these days:D

TH always reminds me of this thing, but on cocaine:heheh:
cymbals.jpg

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score

I absolutely hate Nirvana, but the Foo Fighters had some really good songs. Such as...

Probably my favorite Foo's song

Dave Grohl is just too good a musician to rot in a "band" like Nirvana, i'm glad he didn't fall by the wayside when Kurt Cobain died. Unfortunately his metal project, Probot, sucked bad. And I was really looking forward to it too!

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

It's weird! I never thought that the

There Is Nothing Left To Lose
album-Foo-Fighters-There-Is-Nothing-Left-to-Lose.jpg

would have so many fans. For me it was a bomb, a highlight in mediocrity and just a snoozefest from a band that I like just fine and buy every album from. I guess it goes to show once again that one mans garbage is anothers treasure. :D

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrazyLionEye

Staff online

Members online