Reaction score
Foo Fighters Official Website

Albums

Foo Fighters (1995)
The Colour and the Shape (1997)
There Is Nothing Left to Lose (1999)
One by One (2002)
In Your Honor (2005)
Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace (2007)
Wasting Light (2011)
Sonic Highways (2014)

I've just been getting into this band recently, I'm finding my favorite album is The Colour and the Shape

I'm just going to copy the information from wikipedia

Foo Fighters is an American rock band formed in 1995. Singer and guitarist Dave Grohl formed the group as a one-man project after the dissolution of his previous band, Nirvana, in 1994. Prior to the release of Foo Fighters in 1995, Grohl drafted Nate Mendel as bassist, William Goldsmith as drummer, and Pat Smear as guitarist to complete the group. The band was small, young, and they first began with performances in Portland, Oregon before expanding. Goldsmith left during the recording of the group's second album, The Colour and the Shape (1997), and Smear's departure followed soon afterward. They were replaced by Taylor Hawkins and Franz Stahl, respectively, although Stahl left prior to the recording of the group's third album, There Is Nothing Left to Lose (1999).

Chris Shiflett joined as the band's second guitarist after the completion of There Is Nothing Left to Lose. The band released its fourth album, One by One, in 2002. The group followed that release with the two-disc In Your Honor (2005), which was split between acoustic songs and harder-rocking material. Foo Fighters released its sixth album, Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace, in 2007. Over the course of the band's career, three of its albums have won Grammy Awards for Best Rock Album, and all six have been nominated for Grammys.

and some of my favorite songs/videos, they have some funny videos too

discuss this band, the more I listen to the more I like, so talk about them :cheers:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Foo Fighters

I don't know much about them other than Dave Grohl is the driving force of the band. I guess better late than never.

I do have to ask Why On Earth would you pick a name like "Foo Fighters"?...:dunno:

Reaction score

I don't know much about them other than Dave Grohl is the driving force of the band. I guess better late than never.

I do have to ask Why On Earth would you pick a name like "Foo Fighters"?...:dunno:

have you ever heard another name like it?:tongue:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

True enough buddy, but I could think of such Glorious names without even trying,,,it just seems lacking in CHUTZPAH! to me...:grinthumb

Reaction score

True enough buddy, but I could think of such Glorious names without even trying,,,it just seems lacking in CHUTZPAH! to me...:grinthumb

:lmao:

I can never think of anything.... but if I ever find myself a band its going to be called CHUTZPAH in all caps just like that too:D

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

This was quoted from an article at www.seattlesound.de.

Dave Grohl is fascinated by aliens. the seattle native called his band the foo fighters after a strange aerial phenomenon - moving fireballs believed by some to be flying saucers - witnessed by u.s. air force pilots in german skies near the end of the second world war. he named his record label roswell in tribute to the new mexico town subjected to an elaborate government coverup after reporting a ufo crash in 1947.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Works for me.:D

I think I'll start with the album you like the most so far, "The Colour and the Shape", and get back to you when I have listened to it a couple of times.;)

Thanks Bry, now I know the history and it makes a little more sense. Still I would come up with a far better name with more "GRAVITAS", myself.:heheh:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Works for me.:D

I think I'll start with the album you like the most so far, "The Colour and the Shape", and get back to you when I have listened to it a couple of times.;)

That's definitely the one to go with. There first c.d. was good but campy! The Colour and the Shape is actually an album made during Grohls relationship problems and turned out to be the most focused album the bands ever made IMO.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Two votes for that CD from my knowledgeable friends is good enough for me.:tup:

Oblivion

Reaction score

:D Don't forget one by one!

2 of their best songs are on that album;

Last edited by a moderator:

Find member