Folk Album Anthology#2: Trader Horne-Morning Way

joe

Reaction score
Judy Dyble was replaced by Sandy Denny in Fairport Convention after thier s/t debut in 1968 and then teamed up with Jack McAuley from Them to release thier only album from 1970, Morning Way.

Progressive and acid folk filled with soft acoustic strings and keys, harp, soothing wind instruments, and even a xylophone. Both members contribute vocals and sing in combination for a unique ambience. Judy Dyble has such a warm, beautiful voice similar to that of Sandy Denny. A pleasent folk rock album with strange twists and rather different instrumentation. Delightful.:)

41Z4P431AQL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Now I do like the slower melodies of the other folk acts you have in your series but this was a refreshing contrast with the happy vibrant melodies and full instrumentation. I'd say Judy's voice is nice but what I lkke especially in Jenny May is the collaboration and hearing her haunting voice chime in against the male vocal. I like that plus the orchestral music to Growning Man the best! Orchestrated Folk, Rock and Pop is another sucker point for me! :grinthumb

joe

Reaction score
I missed your post this morning Soot. I tend to miss a lot of things.:D

I think in folk rock and all it's related styles is basically the same as most rock genres in that there is a "dark" and a "light" side, in at least all the folk rock I have listened to which is mostly from the late '60's to the mid '70's. I can't make any comments on folk rock of today and for the most part artists and the music from the last 30 years. You surely have a better knowledge and opinions on the artists of "recent" times as basically I consider myself ignorant on the subject.

I agree with ya, it's a refreshing contrast to the other artists I've listed so far. It's all about balance.:grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Staff online

Members online