Focus (Official Thread)

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
@Sweaty @Sox which albums would you place in a top ten poll...

Moving Waves, Focus 3 both albums a master class IMHO.:grinthumb

Good choice Sox, great albums, some later albums blow me away too, they keep firing on all guns, seen them live so many times and they never cease to amaze me, in fact they are on at A New Day Festival down Kent in August.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
Good choice Sox, great albums, some later albums blow me away too, they keep firing on all guns, seen them live so many times and they never cease to amaze me, in fact they are on at A New Day Festival down Kent in August.

yes an amazing band dude...:bow:

E-Z

Reaction score
Probably a promotion poster for Jan Akkerman's second solo album called Tabernacle released in 1974. The picture features Dutch guitar virtuoso Jan Akkerman with his usual (at that time) Les Paul 'black beauty' electric guitar along with fellow Dutchman Thijs van Leer on Hammond organ and was probably taken at a Focus concert.

http://www.mpq.com.br/focus/images/circ_ja1.jpg

Gibraltar

Reaction score
Focus were a breath of fresh air at a time when prog rock was taking itself too seriously, glam rock was going from the sublime to the ridiculous, and disco was moving away from music towards dance fodder. I loved Hocus Pocus, Focus 2, House of the King, Tommy and Sylvia. They successfully blended rock with classical influences.

Reactions: E-Z

E-Z

Reaction score
I rate the Dutch band FOCUS a lot mainly from the early to mid 1970s era I have all there 1970s studio albums on cds.

They re-appeared during the early 2000s without Jan Akkerman on guitar or Pierre Van Der Linden on drums or Burt Ruiter on bass never the less they done a good job of playing all the old numbers from the 1970s.

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FernandoRu

Staff online

Members online