Flatfoot 56

Terra812

Reaction score
Flatfoot1.jpg

The first I heard of this band was a song played in an episode of Sons of Anarchy. After clicking around Youtube for a bit I have really come to like these guys. I picked up their Black Thorne CD... IMO not a bad song on it. Great musicians, great vocals, great energy! They play a lot of smaller venues... I would really love to see these guys live.

Flatfoot 56 are:

Tobin Bawinkel - lead vocals, guitar
Kyle Bawinkel - bass, vocals
Justin Bawinkel - drums, vocals
Eric McMahon - bagpipes, guitar, bass drum
Brandon Good - mandolin, guitar, vocals

Discography:

Rumble of 56 – 2002
Waves of War – 2003
Knuckles Up – 2004
Knuckles Up (re-release) – 2006
Jungle of the Midwest Sea – 2007
Black Thorn – 2010

From their website:

Since the year 2000, FLATFOOT 56 have steadily unleashed a rollicking barrage of Celtic punk and folk-tinged hardcore from the South Side of Chicago to an international audience with intense and positive party-like
energy. Coinciding with their 10-year anniversary, Flatfoot launched the release of their 3rd label-backed studio effort, Black Thorn, on March 30, 2010.

Led by spirited front man Tobin Bawinkel (Vocals/Guitar), along with brothers Justin (Drums), and Kyle (Bass), and multi-instrumentalists Eric McMahon (Bagpipes/Guitar) and Brandon Good (Mandolin/Guitar), the band is fueled
by a sense of camaraderie that directly translates to their die-hard fans and highly energetic live shows.

“We really try to create a positive environment every time we play so people feel comfortable and can let loose. It’s an experience that everyone is a part of,” explains Tobin.

Tons of good music on Their Website.

Shiny Eyes

We Grow Stronger

Courage

Warriors

Brotherhood

Dreams

Reaction score
Saw them at Christmas Rock Night here in Germany...really good band.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Amazing band, will definitely try to give this more listen.

Terra812

Reaction score
Saw them at Christmas Rock Night here in Germany...really good band.

Cool!! :grinthumb

Nice to see some love for these guys. I know I'm lovin them!

This is a band I really want to see live. Don't know if I'd enter the pit or not... it's been a while... I know I'd be tempted but at my age I could break a hip or something :D Was it a smaller venue (pub/ club) or in a festival of some sort?

Dreams

Reaction score
Was it a smaller venue (pub/ club) or in a festival of some sort?

CRN 2007...it was a two day festival with various bands. Happens every year...though Flatfoot 56 doesn't play every year.

Terra812

Reaction score
They are from Chicago and play a lot in Wisconsin but the taverns all seem to be 2-4 hour drives one way. I'm probably going to road trip to Chicago and make a weekend of it at some point. I did send Summerfest (Milwaukee) their booking info and vice versa hoping they come to play this summer. They'll be kicking around in Canada in March and Europe in April but I don't see anything down under.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
Flatfoot1.jpg

The first I heard of this band was a song played in an episode of Sons of Anarchy. After clicking around Youtube for a bit I have really come to like these guys. I picked up their Black Thorne CD... IMO not a bad song on it. Great musicians, great vocals, great energy! They play a lot of smaller venues... I would really love to see these guys live.

Flatfoot 56 are:

Tobin Bawinkel - lead vocals, guitar
Kyle Bawinkel - bass, vocals
Justin Bawinkel - drums, vocals
Eric McMahon - bagpipes, guitar, bass drum
Brandon Good - mandolin, guitar, vocals

Discography:

Rumble of 56 – 2002
Waves of War – 2003
Knuckles Up – 2004
Knuckles Up (re-release) – 2006
Jungle of the Midwest Sea – 2007
Black Thorn – 2010

From their website:

Since the year 2000, FLATFOOT 56 have steadily unleashed a rollicking barrage of Celtic punk and folk-tinged hardcore from the South Side of Chicago to an international audience with intense and positive party-like
energy. Coinciding with their 10-year anniversary, Flatfoot launched the release of their 3rd label-backed studio effort, Black Thorn, on March 30, 2010.

Led by spirited front man Tobin Bawinkel (Vocals/Guitar), along with brothers Justin (Drums), and Kyle (Bass), and multi-instrumentalists Eric McMahon (Bagpipes/Guitar) and Brandon Good (Mandolin/Guitar), the band is fueled
by a sense of camaraderie that directly translates to their die-hard fans and highly energetic live shows.

“We really try to create a positive environment every time we play so people feel comfortable and can let loose. It’s an experience that everyone is a part of,” explains Tobin.

Tons of good music on Their Website.

Shiny Eyes

We Grow Stronger

Courage

Warriors

Brotherhood

thanks sounds amazing thanks again...

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members