Flamenco (Andalusian Music)

Nora

Reaction score
FLAMENCO

FlamencoDancer.jpg

Flamenco (Spanish pronunciation: [flaˈmeŋko]) is a genre of Spanish music, song, and dance from Andalusia, in southern Spain, that includes cante (singing), toque (guitar playing), baile (dance) and palmas (handclaps). First mentioned in literature in 1774, the genre grew out of Andalusian and Romani music and dance styles. Different Flamenco forms are also at times named after the regions in which they were born such as "Tangos de Malaga" from Malaga and the "Sevillanas" from Sevilla, Spain.

Songs and Artists

Entre Dos Aguas - Paco de Lucía

Tres Notas Para Decir Te Quiero - Vicente Amigo

Orobroy - David Peña Dorantes

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Nice thread!!

I LOVE Flamenco music!!!

Here is a little Sophia Loren dancing flamenco :grinthumb

Nora

Reaction score
1995Flamencoesp.jpg

Flamenco is a 1995 Spanish documentary film directed by Carlos Saura. The film is entirely musical and dancing vignettes, composed and photographed on a sound stage. Includes performances from some of the best flamenco singers, dancers and guitarists. This film shows a world of flamenco—singing, dancing and guitarplaying melded into an intense, enclosing and dramatic space. Song, guitar and dance are blended in inventive ways. They are performed sometimes a cappella, extending the guitar playing in subtle and intense "solos" accompanied often by hand-clapping or knuckles rapped on a table. These dancers have learned the technique but they make the flamenco their own. Here we see children dancing with their parents; and grandparents demonstrating that flamenco imbues the spirit with a graceful power that does not age.

I've just found the complete film with English subtitles.

Last edited:

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score
Nora, please tell me, Armik - is it flamenco too?

P.S. "For Annette" is my favorite by him.

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score
Yeah, he's an Armenian, born in Iran, and I read in his bio, that he was very impressed by paco De Lucia concert, at which he was walked in a childhood. I think, he's playing very good, and I like, that he plays Spanish music, and not this disgusting (IMO) Caucasian trash (despite that he's from Caucasian nation).

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online