First concert finally!

Metal Health

Reaction score
I finally get to go to my first concert on Monday. Well, unless you count going to see Gillian Welch when I was 3. It's gonna be the Watkins Family Hour. I've never heard their music, but I know and love Sara and Sean Watkins from Nickel Creek. The Family Hour is a pretty new band. They just released their debut album on July 24th, so I'll be interested to hear them play.

So excited!!!:)

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
They (WFH) have helped me reacquaint myself with the Grateful Dead. I have several favorites, but I am not what I would consider a true Dead Head. I have always liked their simple "back home" tunes, like Ripple. I just can't commit myself to their their "complete" library. I mean, there are more hours of GD concerts available than you have hours to live, lol.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
I finally get to go to my first concert on Monday. Well, unless you count going to see Gillian Welch when I was 3. It's gonna be the Watkins Family Hour. I've never heard their music, but I know and love Sara and Sean Watkins from Nickel Creek. The Family Hour is a pretty new band. They just released their debut album on July 24th, so I'll be interested to hear them play.

So excited!!!:)

Damn, I'd love to see Gillian Welch live! Such an underrated artist!

I haven't heard the Watkins Family Hour debut album yet, but like you, I'm also a fan of Sara and Sean Watkins from Nickel Creek. Enjoy the show!

They (WFH) have helped me reacquaint myself with the Grateful Dead. I have several favorites, but I am not what I would consider a true Dead Head. I have always liked their simple "back home" tunes, like Ripple. I just can't commit myself to their their "complete" library. I mean, there are more hours of GD concerts available than you have hours to live, lol.

That's a great cover!!! You are right about GD live material. I'm a huge fan of The Dead. I have all their studio albums and tons of live albums. I keep buying new ones, but there's just no end in sight. :oyea:

Metal Health

Reaction score
Damn, I'd love to see Gillian Welch live! Such an underrated artist!

I haven't heard the Watkins Family Hour debut album yet, but like you, I'm also a fan of Sara and Sean Watkins from Nickel Creek. Enjoy the show!

I ended up crying through the whole Welch concert. We had to leave early. I wish I could see them now when I can enjoy it. I'm excited to see what the Watkins have for us. It should be a ton of fun. I may even buy of of their cds. This is the only good quality video I can find of them. It looks like sometimes they have people like Fiona Apple and Jackson Browne join them on stage. That would be cool!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online

No members online now.