First Concert - Best Concert

juno1canada

Reaction score
One of my favorite topics of discusion is "what is your first concert and what is your best concert?" Also, if you want add in your alternates.

First concert - Rush - Permanent Waves Tour 1980, Saga was opening band.

Best Concert- Van Halen - Fair Warning Tour 1981, The Fools was the opening band.
Great does not describe how great this was. 4 th row on the floor in front of Eddie. The stage, the music. Perfection. My favorite album and favorite group.

Honorable mention-Judas Priest - Screaming for Vengence Tour 1982, Coney Hatch opened.
Priest at their absolute best. Great concert. Even the opener was great.

fritz44

Reaction score
1st: AC/DC 1978 (Blazer Blazer opened) The 'If You Want Blood ...' tour. Ticket cost £1.50. Last time I saw AC/DC was on the Black Ice tour and it was about £30/40 a pop.

Best: ? Too many great gigs. Skunk Anansie/The Virginmarys 2010 (Wanderlust tour). What an introduction the the Virginmarys and then Skunk and Skin's vocal ability and theatricals. Magic

Rush: Permanaet Waves June '80 and Rush R30 in 2004. Fab stuff

Manic Street Preachers: 2006. Cracking band and super show, despite Newcastle getting beat in the UEFA cup that night.

Van Halen: 1979. Never seen so much kit crammed into the City Hall. Huge PA and massive, thick cables to cope with the power. Then the band came on and blew us apart.

Judas Priest: 1979 Evening Star tour. Me and two mates went home on gthe bus singing Priest songs into the nigt.

Steve Earle solo: Brilliant

Nils Lofgren: such fabulous playing and tap dancing.

Slade: !981/2 Knew all the songs and fabulous atmosphere.

Bruce Springsteen: !984 and sometime in the noughties. Still cutting it.

Still Little Fingers: 2004. Absolute firetrap of a venue. Capacity was supposed to be 1600, but there must have been nearly 2000 there. Absolute bedlam after 2 numbers watching 50+ year olds trying to pogo. Classic.

I could go on and if you meet me in a pub I will bore you to tears if the subject of live bands came up.

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
First concert:
David Gilmour, June of 1984. I was really excited. My friends and I were about to see the guitarist from Pink Floyd! The guy who played "Comfortably Numb"! We were not disappointed in the least.

Best concert: Paul McCartney, July 1990. This was the second time in less than a year I would see Paul live but I borrowed my dad's Suburban and took a gang of six friends on a four hour drive to see this concert. We had a blast. The entire experience was great. On the drive up, some slightly older and more mature couple passed us in a newish mini van, waving a few McCartney cds. I'm in a still capable, 12 year old Suburban. So I flashed them Johnny Cash and Loretta Lynn 8-tracks. I had to work the next day so after dropping everyone off and returning my father's vehicle, I just stayed up all morning and went into work.

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score
An old thread but my first was in 1969 when I saw 'The Cryan' Shames' ,
best concert is a tough one since Ive seen some killer bands over the last 50 years....from 1970-1975 there were some great shows.....James Gang with Walsh in 1970 is a favorite as well as Bob Dylan with The Band in1973, and Jethro Tull and The Who (Keith Moon on drums) in 1974. All were at Indiana University in southern Indiana.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Members online