First Band From Outer Space

joe

Reaction score
Swedish space/psych rockers, First Band From Outer Space is a mix of old fashioned heavy metal riffing, trance inducing space rock jams and cosmic synth passages. It's hard to imagine a flute and bongos working in combination with these elements, does it ever. The bands vocals are in both Swedish and English. Three releases to thier credit. I have the last two: Impressionable Sounds Of The Subsonic(2006) and The Guitar Is Mightier Than The Gun(2009). Influences of '70's Hawkwind, Oresund Space Collective, Monster Magnet Porcupine Tree, Hydria Spacefolk.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
I have all three Joe :grinthumb

Just AWESOME !!! You need to try to get the debut it is their best ,IMO.
If you can't buy it DL it. .
Much respect for posting up these obscure monsters of psychedelic riffage :D

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Heres some of their great debut in case you haven't heard it ,Joe.
These guys are definitely top 5 space rock for me.I love this stuff :D

00164c39_medium.jpeg

Were Only In It For The Space Rock

joe

Reaction score
Great trip. Cosmic. No substances needed.:D

Thanx for the vids Wolf. D/L in effect.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
No problem my friend. It's amazing to me how many great bands like these guys get completely over looked and all the useless crap that fills concerts stadiums these days.

Just glad to share some cool stuff with a fellow fan :grinthumb

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Not bad at all, will add these guys to my list for sure. Very different sound than i'm used to, but there's always room for new sound in my music mind.

joe

Reaction score
No problem my friend. It's amazing to me how many great bands like these guys get completely over looked and all the useless crap that fills concerts stadiums these days.

Just glad to share some cool stuff with a fellow fan :grinthumb

As I'm getting older, I'm getting further out to the fringes. Mainstream I've never been. There is so much good stuff out there no matter where one's ear is directed. It's hard to keep up with all the new releases. There is excellent material still being produced, but one needs to do some work to find it. People who are still stuck in the 60's, 70's, and 80's are really missing out. Too bad...I guess.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
As I'm getting older, I'm getting further out to the fringes. Mainstream I've never been. There is so much good stuff out there no matter where one's ear is directed. It's hard to keep up with all the new releases. There is excellent material still being produced, but one needs to do some work to find it. People who are still stuck in the 60's, 70's, and 80's are really missing out. Too bad...I guess.

Yeah, I agree. I have never been one to write off music based solely on when it was recorded .There is great old music and great new music you just have to dig a little for a lot of it.

joe

Reaction score
Wolf, is there such a thing as "mainstream" music anymore? I'm outta the loop. Back in the day it was the top 40 or the MM or MTV play list. I haven't tuned into a rock station for years. Would have no idea what's "hot" now. Might be a good thing. Ignorance is bliss.:heheh:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online