Fiona Apple (Official Thread)

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
Fiona Apple did a few small venue gigs before her album release later this spring. Lucky enough to snag a ticket to tonights show at the Bowery Ballroom. She only played a little more than an hour but played a cool set list with songs from all three previous albums (highlights Sleep to Dream, Paper Bag, It's a Mistake, Carrion, EM) and three new songs from her new album. Plus she ended the set with her cover of Across the Universe and It's Only Make Believe (Conway Twitty).

6873774444_969fe0a999.jpg

Taboo

Toward the Within
Reaction score
^ Cool, sounds like you had a great time. Did you get me meet her afterwards? I just recently starting really listening to her music (last summer pretty much) and I'd love to get to see her perform live whenever she decides to tour around NYC area again. Going to check out the new songs on YouTube :grinthumb

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score

Taboo

Toward the Within
Reaction score
^^ Have you seen the album cover of the new album?

Fiona-Appple-The-Idler-Wheel-e1333407734695.jpg

Looks very weird and artsy.. Me likey! :grinthumb

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
In honor of Fiona's new album coming out I've been listening to her first two albums a lot lately and I'm surprised no one has brought up one of my favorites from her, the sleazy sounding "A Mistaken". Here's a really cool live version...

Lavender10

Cult of Personality
Reaction score
Sullen Girl off Tidal is really underrated D:
i love this band, besides Coldplay and a small number of others, piano rock has been done completely out of character from bands' other works. The Bens are remind me of FA if anyone here is a fan of them :)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I really don't connect The Bens with Fiona Apple at all. Fiona is waaaaaaaaaaay darker than The Bens are.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Yep that is definitely a Fiona Apple song. It's very.....delicate sounding with a snippet of harshness. There is also a little anachronism to me because the double tracked, tribal sounding parts sound like Florence Welch to my ear and Fiona came WAY before Florence. To sum it up, I like what I hear. :grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onlineclass

Staff online

Members online