Felix Cavaliere's Rascals

Emrock

Reaction score
Re: Felix Cavaliere show

White Whale. I remember the label and now that you mention it, never saw another act on White Whale. There were a lot of independent small labels like Roulette (Tommy James and the Shindells). I'd have to dig into the old 45's to name some more. the music business was a lot simpler back then. Big hits were recorded in garages and basements and released on minor, regional labels.

Emrock

Reaction score

Back to the Rascals. I never thought they got the credit they deserved. Like many of the bands of the pre-psycedelic era, they didn't survive the transition. Those guys were great musicians and formerly backed up Joey Dee as the Starlighters (Peppermint Twist) if my memory serves me well. They were soulful and energetic and deserve better.

Did the counter-culture die or was it murdered?
http://www.TheWoodstockConspiracy.com
www.ClassicRockEsoterica.com

zoose

Reaction score

White Whale. I remember the label and now that you mention it, never saw another act on White Whale. There were a lot of independent small labels like Roulette (Tommy James and the Shindells). I'd have to dig into the old 45's to name some more. the music business was a lot simpler back then. Big hits were recorded in garages and basements and released on minor, regional labels.

Warren Zevon got his start at White Whale - when it went belly up (atrocious pun) he was out in the cold and had to start all over. A couple other small names and that was it.
After it went down K&V bought their songs for a song (ugh I got it bad today) from the remains of the company - but after shooting down their own label no other label would risk signing them.
A bigger label would have sued them into oblivion for non-performance.

Emrock

Reaction score

Warren Zevon was another of my all time favorites. He was a thinking man's artist. kinda like a twisted Randy Newman. I was saddened by his premature passing.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Staff online

Members online