• Shape Shifter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Corazón

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Santana is a Latin rock band, founded in San Francisco during the late 1960s by Carlos Santana as a vehicle for his compositions and guitar style. The band first came to widespread public attention when their performance of "Soul Sacrifice" at Woodstock in 1969 provided a contrast to other acts on the bill. This exposure helped propel their first album, also named Santana, into a hit, followed in the next two years by the successful Abraxas and Santana III.

In the years that followed lineup changes were common. Carlos Santana's increasing involvement with guru Sri Chinmoy took the band into more esoteric music, though never quite losing its initial Latin influence.

In 1998, the group was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, with Carlos Santana, Jose Chepito Areas, David Brown, Gregg Rolie, Mike Carabello and Michael Shrieve being honored.

So the big question is, which album is your favourite?

For me, it's between the first four "Santana", "Abraxas", "Santana III" and "Caravanserai". It really depends on my mood, but recently I've been listening mostly to "Caravanserai", so I'll vote for that one.

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
I voted Abraxas, but Caravanserai is the first album I owned. I remember being disappointed in the album after watching live Woodstock footage. I have a good respect for the jazz fusion, but I think my true love is with the first three albums.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online