Favourite Places To Buy Music?

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
I LOVE the mark down section at Barnes and Noble. They usually put out new stuff on the first Tuesday of the month. I've scored some incredible finds, like most of my Rush albums, for $5-7. They usually have lots of Aerosmith too.

But, and I know I'll get in trouble for this, I'm a big iTunes fanatic. I get the majority of my music from there.

Don't buy from Walmart. They sell all of their music "clean".

Fred Meyer's has a good selection too. They even have a little vinyl.

Kuaizi

Reaction score
I have a used CD/DVD/GAME/Blu Ray store by me called Disc Replay.

yeah I go to the Disc Replay up in Lombard a lot. They have a pretty good selection up there usually. :grinthumb

I tend to download a lot of music nowadays from amazon. They have a lot of albums that go on sale for $5 here and there, and I already have soooo many physical cds that I have no home for so downloading works great and saves space. Plus amazon has a higher bit rate than iTunes, and iTunes is a piece of crap so it works out for the better all around.

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
I mainly use Amazon and Play.com as they are usually the cheapest, although if I do find an album substantially cheaper anywhere else I will use them. I've got the odd bargain off eBay & I also like to look round actual stores though they are few and far between these days.

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
Hard to say. I very rarely ever go out with the singular intent to buy music. It's just something that happens.

Target, Walmart, Best Buy, Kmart, etc, are all places I frequent, and I do always make it a point to go to the entertainment section.

Sometimes I stop and look through some some cds, and sometimes it's just a drive by.

I don't know about anyone else, but I know within a few minutes whether or ot I'm 'feeling it', or I know I'm not buying anything that particular day.

The best places to shop are the small independent shops. Not alot around, but I live in a college town, so there are 3-4 of them. Atmosphere helps.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ebay prices crap all over major outlets. I found Kreator Enemy of God for about 15 bucks brand new where it is 28-30 bucks at major outlets which is a rip off.

ANTHEM

Reaction score
I used to shop at fye before they closed. Try amazon, band websites, and record label sites seems to be the best for affordable cd's with lots of choices.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
And I managed to secure Kreator Hoards of Chaos for around 12 bucks. Much better than the 30-40 bucks at the shop across the road. I cannot believe how badly the consumer gets ripped off at these places, not necessarily by the store themselves but the record labels. Black metal is incredibly expensive which I also have to go to Amazon or Ebay for or a second hand shop if I can get a used copy.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online