Favourite Extreme Metal Bands/Albums?

Phantasmagoria

Reaction score
^ Bloodbath is great!

I love all the "old-school"/early 90's death metal stuff, Doom-Death/Death-Doom (early Paradise Lost, Creepmime, Disembowelment, early Amorphis etc..) a lot of modern "br00tal" stuff (Psycroptic, Spawn Of Possession, Anata, Decrepit Birth, Vile etc) some NWoSDM (New wave of Swedish Death Metal), some melodeath (mostly just Arch Enemy & a couple of others), a lot of grindcore/goregrind & a little Black Metal..

The only thing I really can't stand is that new deathcore sh*t.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I enjoy some deathcore bands, mostly the death metal influenced deathcore but some of the hardcore stuff is decent too.

Phantasmagoria

Reaction score
I like some of the 'borderline' ones too...lol.

The Faceless, Ignominious Incarceration, the last Lost Soul album etc...

But for the most part it's just not my thing. To each their own though... :grinthumb

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I like some of the 'borderline' ones too...lol.

The Faceless, Ignominious Incarceration, the last Lost Soul album etc...

But for the most part it's just not my thing. To each their own though... :grinthumb

Those are good bands that follow more of the death metal influenced stuff I like. :grinthumb

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You should all check out another Aussie band Disentomb.
disentombsunken500.png

2LITTLETIME

Reaction score
There is so much out there.So much crap but i enjoy finding the gems

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My favourite Death album Leprosy. Fantastic groovy album.
deathleprosy.jpg

Has my favourite song Pull The Plug.

Taboo

Toward the Within
Reaction score
I recently discovered this Funeral Doom band from the Netherlands with touches of black-metal and post-rock. You should check them out if you haven't.

Moore_82

Reaction score
My top 5 are like this!

01. Possessed - They may not be "extreme" by today's standards but if it wasn't for them and Jeff Becerra's vocals we wouldn't have the death metal genre as we know it. Although Florida's Death and San Francisco's Insanity played a huge role in the formation of the genre as well.

02. Carnage - Michael Amott of Arch Enemy, Carcass, and Spiritual Beggars second band in 1989 (as he was apart of Disaccord between 1983-88) with other members of the band later on would either create or join the likes of Dark Tranquillity, Dismember, and Entombed. Carnage would only release one album though "Dark Recollections" in 1990.

03. Cancer - Formed in 1987 out of The UK in Telford, Shropshire with five albums under their belt. They broke up in 1996 then reformed in 2003 and broke up once again in 2006, but once again reformed earlier this year.

04. Massacre - Formed in 1984 out of Tampa, Florida with original Death vocalist Kam Lee at the helm.

05. Thanatos - Perhaps my favorite Death/Thrash Metal band to come out of the Netherlands with them forming in 1984 but breaking up in '92 then reforming in 1999 and continuing on since then.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online