Favourite Extreme Metal Bands/Albums?

James Hetfield

my day begins at 11:59
Reaction score
It's impossible to write all of them for me ! but I really think that ARCH ENEMY and mmm ... Death are brutal . I'm a fan of Arch Enemy even for their Death or Thrash stuffs and for the style of the band ! A guitarist with red hair , a female vocalist with a demonic voice and powerful live shows . Also My favorite guitarists are Amott brothers !

Phantasmagoria

Reaction score
All time faves...

801056735324.jpg

51y9YwljuYL.jpg

album-covenant.jpg

979.jpg

Asphyx_-_The_Rack.jpg

Death-Leprosy.jpg

ENTOMBED+clandestine.jpg

unquestionable-presence-atheist.jpg

Paradise-Lost-Gothic---Special-450580.jpg

Dreams+of+the+carrion+kind.jpg

Phantasmagoria

Reaction score
Faves from (relatively) new/more recent bands

Burning Inside - The Eve Of The Entities

426238.jpg

Richard Christy from Death's TSoP. I much prefer him on this one though...totally crazy! TSoP is the only Death album I did'nt care for...

PSYCROPTIC - The Scepter Of The Ancients

18212.jpg

Amazing album...catchy, brilliantly exectuted modern Death Metal. Joe Haley's insane rhythm guitar work on this makes my jaw drop!

Broken Hope - Grotesque Blessings

broken_hope-grotesque_blessings-front.jpg

Quirky, catchy, groovy, ultra-gutteral Death Metal...love this band/album. R.I.P Joe Ptacek

Nocturnus - The Ethereal Tomb

822603102420.jpg

Not a new band...but this is the brilliant, eerie, and highly underrated 3rd/'comeback' album from the masters of spacey Death Metal...Amazing!

Arch Enemy - Burning Bridges

Arch+Enemy+-+Burning+Bridges.jpg

Favourite Arch Enemy album....their last with Johan Liiva on vocals.

Theory In Practice - The Armageddon Theories/Colonizing The sun

744.jpg

I'm cheating here 'cause I love both these albums and can't choose between them..lol. Incredible tech death/thrash band. Peter Sjoberg/Lake plays the most awesome dark diminished/harmonic minor scale solo's...sort of like Thomas Vetterli/Tommy T Baron from Coroner.

Demonoid - Riders Of The Apocalypse

48409.jpg

Killer, thrashy melodeath side project from a couple of guys in Therion! Love This album.

Nonexist - Deus Deceptor

2515.jpg

Post Arch Enemy project from Johan Liiva, with Matt Modin (Defleshed/Dark Funeral) on drums & Johan Reinholdz (Prog band Andromeda) on Guitars. This kills!!

Lykathea Aflame - Elvenefris

7208.jpg

Can't really slot this anywhere...Death/grind's answer to Dream Theater maybe? lol. Brilliant!

Arcturus - Aspera Hiems Synfonia

95_aspera_hiems_symphonia.jpg

Don't really care for Black Metal apart from a few bands/albums..this one is amazing!

OBSCURA - Cosmogenesis

http://technicaldeathmetal.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Now-playing-Obscura-Cosmogenesis.jpg

Great album from a killer new technical Death Metal band...probably my favourite since Cynic & Athiest.

2LITTLETIME

Reaction score
^I like your old school choices-ill check your new stuff .
I really love the usual suspects ,early entombed,dismember,unleashed,therion and tiamat.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Psycroptic are great. Really good Aussie Death Metal.

2LITTLETIME

Reaction score
^Have you heard the s/t album from Abramelin.They are superb aussie death metal too

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online