Favorite Beatle after the Beatles

rollingstoned

Queens of the Stone Age
Reaction score
Paul and George .

I think George was most Beatleesque in a way. Paul was a little poppy, but nonetheless awesome. McCartney is a genius period.

John Lenon was a HUGE disappointment. He has a couple of good songs, but he really was pretty lame on his own considering we're talking Lenon, hell he was lame on his own by anyones standards.

Hell even Ringo put out a tune better than any of John's with It Don't Come Easy. That's an excellent tune. I think Harrison plays guitar on that one, it sounds like him anyway,

As littlewillie said Lennon's lyrics were good, Yeah I'll agree, but the music sucked. And In a way I'll always be a bit bitter towards Lenon for forcing Yoko down our throats. NOBODY deserves to hear that demon bitch shreaking--that's cruel. What the hell was he thinking.

I think John Lennon's best solo song was Working Class Hero. Do you agree?

OCDme123

Reaction score
I gotta say Paul... though I like John more on beatles songs... but "maybe I'm amazed" and "band on the run"?? john's solo career can't come close..

tomcat

CRF Ex-Con
Reaction score
On a Misty Mountain overlooking Strawberry Fields.
Well, John was by far the most disappointing; it really doesn't do anything for me...Working Class Hero is decent. I always liked Paul's stuff the best, but Harrison has a lot of great stuff too. Paul and George are tied for the best solo stuff in general. If I had to pick a particular best song, it would have to go to Paul for Jet, or Band on the Run.

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I have to say Paul McCartney, because of Band on the Run and Venus and Mars, he simply did more good material than the others. If John had not died tragically, and recorded more material he might have made the choice a little more difficult.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I will go with Paul McCartney because of the vastness of his accomplishments as a solo artist. I am not really a fan, though.

I would much rather listen to the vocals of John Lennon.

you can't tell me that is not a beautiful song :D

and another beautiful song.

F

FoxyPage

George Harrison has always been my favourite Beatle, before and after.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online