Fang - Landshark/Where the Wild Things Are (1989)

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
Landshark/Where the Wild Things Are

fang4fj.jpg

Although Fang never received the attention that some of their colleagues did, Landshark/Where the Wild Things Are shows that they were just as good as other punk bands in the 80's. It also showed they could "hang with the big boys." Not a lot is known about Fang, other than they penned one of the best punk songs of all time, "The Money Will Roll Right In," a track that has been covered either in the studio or on-stage by the likes of Nirvana, Mudhoney, and Metallica. The 21-track collection kicks off with their already mentioned best-known song, which, lyrically, could have only been written by a punk band before lawsuits ran rampant (due to it mentioning a certain actress' name). All that is known about Fang is they are from Berkeley, CA, and their peak creative period was during the early '80s, which saw they release underground punk favorites as Landshark and Where the Wild Things Are, which are compiled together on this single album.
This IMO is one of the best punk albums you can find. Fang was/ still are amazing. I highly recommend this album.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Re: Landshark/Where the Wild Things Are - Fang

:clap:

Very well done, CN.

A very high energy album. I do like the track "The Money Will Roll Right In". Although I am not a huge fan of punk music, I will give the rest of the album another spin. :)

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online