Exile on Main Street DVD - Rolling Stones

Gorgeness

Reaction score
Hey all, if you havent heard about this then hear about it, its awesome..
Rolling Stones have taken some original footage of when they self exiled themselves from England for tax reasons and have settled in France for a while.. In this time they recorded what many feel (myself included) as their best album in the basement of Keith Richards Chateau with their portable recording studio..
The DVD follows the band from the time they left England to all their antics in France and finishing off in USA.. Theres a little bit of everything, some live show snippets, the woman, the drugs, the lifestyle and of course the rock and roll... It also has recent interviews with Mick and Charlie..

It was such a good watch, even if you are not into the Stones the film is drenched in so much of what was good in the 60/70's that you cant help but enjoy it...

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
I watched this too. It was interesting to see how the band was able to work around the recording difficulties in the villa as well as their own hectic schedules. A couple of the band members lament of missing England was particularly touching. One of the few times, I've heard Mick Taylor being interviewed.

Guitartlp

Steal your face
Reaction score
I want to spend the money on this if it's worth it. I want to see something that will accurately represent the lifestyle of the stones in France. This sounds very interesting. Who was in charge of their recordings during that time? Or was it just the band messing around with the equipment? I must see.

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
I want to spend the money on this if it's worth it. I want to see something that will accurately represent the lifestyle of the stones in France. This sounds very interesting. Who was in charge of their recordings during that time? Or was it just the band messing around with the equipment? I must see.
You won't be disappointed GT... I will not ruin the story for you but it does answer your questions. If you can rent it, you should. I purchased it and I believe it has replay value in my collection. I loved that era of the Stones. Suss out "Ladies and Gentlemen" too if you have the time.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Members online