Eutopia - Valentine {single} (2008)

BJMclean

Reaction score
Eutopia - Valentine (2008 SR Recordings)

These guys have certainly got something, the single has a timeless classic rock sound spread across two tracks, 'Valentine' and B-side 'I'm Not Alone'. I picked up the single online having seen the band in London a couple of times.

I was very impressed with Valentine's brooding, anthemic quality and the underlying synth in builds a huge wall of sound that carries very satisfyingly into the choruses and will leave you humming it for weeks.

The B-side, 'I'm Not Alone', is a different story all together, not that you won't be singing it for weeks (if anything it's more catchy than Valentine) but it's in a very different style, lead guitarist and vocalist Alex has dialled up the Chorus on his guitar and gone for a stadium filling, full-blown folk-inspired anthem that screams out for lighters in the air.

I was impressed with what I heard on record from this band and will keep an eye open for the promised album in the Autumn as I think they have real potential and could really inject some life into the circle of new bands catering for a classic rock audience.

8/10

www.myspace.com/eutopia77
www.eutopiamusic.eu

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online

No members online now.