Europe (Official Thread)

Kino

#1 Styx Fan
Reaction score
Does anyone here to listen to Europe? Most of you probably know the song The Final Countdown but they have a ton of great hits. I personally love the song Carrie, Love Chaser and Rock the Night. All of those are off the The Final Countdown album.

europe-band.jpg

Official Website

1983 Europe
1984 Wings of Tomorrow
1986 The Final Countdown
1988 Out of This World
1991 Prisoners in Paradise
2004 Start from the Dark
2006 Secret Society
2009 Last Look at Eden
2012 Bag of Bones

Europe+-+The+Final+Countdown+(Front).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

snakes&ladders

Reaction score
Re: Europe

I still prefer bands like Europe to bands like Darkness (good riddance :):))

Dairenn

Recording Artist
Reaction score

Europe released "Out of this World" in 1987 and that's exactly what it was. I'm annoyed that it didn't end up anywhere near as famous or as popular as Final Countdown. That was an OK record and no disrespect to John Norum, but Kee Marcelo plays so good, it defies the laws of physics. Heavy tone, brilliantly melodic solos and overall composition... He really did take Europe to a whole new level, and Joey's vocals were much improved, as were the lyrics in general. More than meets the Eye and Just the Beginning were two of the best tracks on that record but Ready or Not was amazing. I love warming up with Open your Heart on the guitar personally.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

They had a number of good tunes, unfortunately they are most known for Final Countdown which was probably one of their weaker songs. not saying it's bad, it was a commercial hit, which got them noticed in America.

Rock the Night is probably my favorite by them. Always liked Carrie too.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Members online

No members online now.